Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Best Christmas Present



Here is our best Christmas present! Our little Maddie. She was 11 months old yesterday. I got to be with her three days this week. She entertains me with her thirst for wanting to figure everything out. It is hard to believe someone so young and tiny can have such a BIG personality.




Her eyes are so soulful. I have never seen a baby that has such a well developed pincher grasp. She has always been able to pick up the tiniest things. She has just started to become pretty vocal. Today I was trying to get her go to sleep and she had her head kinda laying on me and she started jibbering away and then looked up at me and laughed. She did this several times as if she were telling me some jokes. I wish I knew what was in her little head. She is so adorable.



Next Christmas she will be talking and walking. I better start saving up for some presents because she will know what Christmas and her Birthday mean by age 2, or at least more so than this year. I hope I don't spoil her too much, or at least in a way that would be bad for her.

10 comments:

Rudee said...

Awww. Go ahead and spoil her. It's a luxury we couldn't have with our kids and the major benefit of being a grannie. Thats if you don't count listening to baby jibberish as the number one benefit. Is she yawning in that last picture? She is so cute in her Christmas finery!

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Brenda,

What a beautiful little girl! Just adorable! Enjoy her, for she will grow up faster than a wink.

Christmas Hugs!

Renie

Betty Flocken said...

She is so beautiful! I love her little Christmas Dress. She's about the age of my youngest... Sophie

Gramma Ann said...

She is a cutie for sure. And Gramma's are meant to spoil their grandchildren. That's the fun part of being a Gramma anyway. Like Renie said, enjoy them now because they grow up VERY fast.

The Crusty Crone said...

What a cutie pie!! And look at those tiny little adorable feet!

psst... that's what grandparents are for... for spoiling little ones so they know for sure they are loved and are important. Just start saving your money. Spoiling, if you're going to do it right, is not cheap.

Rositta said...

We are spending Christmas with all our grandkids this year including a 19month old little girl. We can hardly wait. I have all my knit stuff packed for her I just hope the weather doesn't get in the way. We are expecting three back to back snow storms, yuck... Enjoy that baby...ciao

Sandy said...

These are ADORABLE...I love her christmas dress.

I say go ahead and spoil her too!

Glad to see some pics of her.

Can you send me the okay to her blog...

Reader Wil said...

She is adorable and I bet you cannot keep away from her. She promises to be a very lovely young lady! Thanks for sharing!

MYRA said...

Your granddaughter is adorable Brenda! Great photos! 8-)
As far as spoiling goes, spoil her with the times you spend with her, and the unconditional love you give to her. They are your best gifts you could ever give her, and it's all free.... 8-)

BJ said...

Oh Brenda - she is such a little beauty! I know exactly how much you adore her. It only gets better. They just steal your heart and soul. And I wouldn't want it any other way!

Grandparents are supposed to spoil! That's our job. And we can let them have their way......just because we want them to be happy all of the time! Oh....yes we can!!!!!!

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever