Friday, December 12, 2008

Deck The Halls!


Well, I finally got in the Christmas spirit today! I went shopping all day and got a few presents, and tonight we put up the tree and the other stuff. Not completely done yet, but we made a good dent in it all. The picture here is not our house. Just a photo I found in one of our magazines. After getting all the decorations I think I have decided I don't like very many of them and may send them packing to the goodwill after the season is over. I went to a restaurant a few weeks ago that had a BEAUTIFULLY decorated tree. I want that tree, or one like it. We have many many ornaments that are so filled with memories that I will never part with, but some of the other things are just too junky looking. I almost always try to find a useful place for things I have, but sometimes they just need to move on somewhere else.
We are supposed to be getting some icy bad stuff the early part of the week. I have plenty of things to do here, if that happens. And I will have baby Maddie the first three days. I need to get some stories about her on my granny k blog tomorrow. She is so precious!

3 comments:

Rudee said...

I bet your babe will love Christmas this year. Now go put on your apron and bake some cookies.

BTW, I feel the same way about my ornaments. It's just all so old. I'll pack the good ones and let my old go when we move next year. No sense packing them to take with.

BJ said...

Yay!!!! I'm so happy to hear that you are in the holiday spirit!!! I knew that you would get there.

Renie Burghardt said...

Enjoy having Maddie. We're under a winter freezing rain and sleet watch for Monday and Tuesday. Yikes! Hope it doesn't happen, but I got all my packages that are going out of town, mailed today, in case I can't do it next week.

Happy Sunday.

Renie

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever