Friday, December 5, 2008

Just A Day At Home


Today I was able to sit down and do some sewing finally. Yesterday I did about 4 hours of ironing and wash and was still doing some clean ups from our gathering Wednesday night. The only time I usually watch TV is when I am at my sewing machine or doing some knitting. I rarely just sit in front of the television without some other activity to do. It was a struggle to find something to watch. I did catch some of the Home and Garden channel where they were doing some makeovers in decorating. Not all that interesting, and so I scanned some soap operas. Boring there also. Caught a little news. We are in a recession. I thought we already knew that. It seemed to be the topic today. Then I had it on a channel where Jerry Springer came on. So sad and disturbing to think that that man has had to make a living doing that goofy show. Why would someone even want to watch that stuff? I just don't get it. I wish our cable had better shows on that I would enjoy. I would most likely watch some of the old TV shows from the 50's to 80's. We have one channel that shows Andy Griffin Show and sometimes I Love Lucy and I think The Crosby Show. That is about all I ever see on there. I could so live without cable. I am looking forward to one of my favorite shows in January "Lost". They did a good job last year. A few years I thought I would just give up on it.
This concludes my boring post for the day. Boring days are good though. Big Smile.

7 comments:

Gramma Ann said...

It sounds to me like your day was filled to the rim. Sewing and watching (trying) to watch TV. I find I watch a lot less TV then I use to. I had to watch TV or I thought I would go crazy. But, then the shows were (in my mind) a lot better. Now I spent most of my evenings reading some book or another.

Rudee said...

I am so jealous. I've worked my little hospice nurse out this week. I've put in close to 50 hours this week and have to chart for about 2 hrs in the morning. Not tonight-my brain is mush. I'm so pooped. Tomorrow, my only plan is to vegetate in front of the boob tube (after I chart). Maybe I'll go to family video and rent season 1 of lost. I've never watched it. I've not done too much Christmas shopping or decorating. Hmm. Monday morning for the shopping. If I feel motivated, I'll put up the decorations on Sunday. I need a wife.

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Brenda,

I'll be Christmas shopping today. Got to finish that today, and I'm still not over this crappy bug I have.

Have a great weekend!

Hugs,

Renie

Brenda said...

Ann,
I wish I could get back into reading like I used to. I have four books waiting for me to finish, all of them by my favorite authors! Time has not been my friend lately.

Rudee,
If I worked that many hours away from home I would have to have a wife also, or whatever help could do all the other stuff. I think that is why I don't have the outside job because there is no way I can keep up, and my husband doesn't have time either. I guess you adjust however you can though. I sometimes think about getting a job still for the money.
I hope you do start watching Lost, so that you can help me try and figure it out!

Renie,
I hope you get well soon. you have had that nasty bug for awhile now. Happy shopping!

Reader Wil said...

You have been very busy, and I can understand that you want to relax and watch a good TV program. I also like the oldies like the Cosby show. I recently bought "The Little House on the Prairy", which I watch whenever there's nothing on TV. I also like the British Detective series, so I often watch BBC I or II.

MYRA said...

Lots of garbage on the TV these days!!! Even some of the new sitcoms don't amuse me... I've taken to watching The Cosby Show, Rosanne, Mash, Friends, Everybody Loves Raymond, and such...

Winifred said...

I love watching TV while I'm ironing. I don't feel half so guilty!

I agree with you Brenda about Gerry Springer, I watched it once and couldn't stand it. Luckily I don't think we see it now.

I think I saw one episode of Lost and gave up on it. Watched the first series of Heroes then in the second series, either I lost the plot or they did.

I love watching detective series like Poirot (David Suchet is brilliant), Inspector Morse was such a classic brilliant music and fantastic actors. I still can't believe John Thaw is dead. Life on Mars was a really interesting couple of series too.

Spooks is a great spy series tackling current problems like Russia, Islamic terrorism etc but it can get very violent.

My other favourites are the costume dramas like Cranford, Pride & Prejudice, From Larkrise to Candleford etc. The acting is superb.

I like a good laugh but a lot of newer stuff I just don't get, like The Office, give me Jeeves and Wooster or One Foot in the Grave any day, just perfect!

I love reading but my problem is once I pick a book up, I have to finish it, everything stops.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever