Monday, December 22, 2008

More Decorations Around Our House

This isn't a very good picture of this Nativity Scene
but I thought I would put it up anyway.

We have it in our dining room.


Nutcrackers. I like these guys.


This is a large Santa that my sister-in-law gave me one year. I had mentioned to her once that I might like to collect World Santas.
I may want to get an Ireland one and Scotland one since those are from my heritage.


The carolers usually sit on top of our piano.



Below are The Wizard of Oz characters that we have had from maybe 1980?
One of the dogs chewed Dorothy and maybe some of the others. Adds character.






Someone gave us this for our doggy, Clifford. I think it was Eva.

This is a Jim Shore ornament that my sister-in-law gave us last year.


Our Arizona friends gave us this the year we moved here.

I think my sister-in-law gave us this many years ago.

My friend Eva in Arizona gave me this quilted ornament one year because she knows I love quilts.

8 comments:

Reader Wil said...

Lovely decorations! Thanks for showing. It brings us in the Christmas mood!

MYRA said...

Awesome Christmas decor and ornaments! I just posted my nativity last night too! 8-)

Rudee said...

They're all beautiful-even Dorothy with her amputation. Poor thing.

The Crusty Crone said...

ahh... thoroughly enjoyed the tour of your Christmas decorations. Thanks so much for taking the time to post the pictures. They are all lovely... but the Oz Lion made me linger. I think it was his expression.

Sandy said...

Very nice, I loved seeing your decorations and the top photo is so beautiful.

Renie Burghardt said...

Beautiful Christmas decorations, Brenda. I love the Father Christmas/Santa! The Nativity set is lovely. I love my Nativity set as well.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Hugs,

Renie

BJ said...

It was so nice to come here and see those decorations. Thanks so much for sharing with us.

I have to agree, your first picture of the nativity is so beautiful!

Brenda said...

Thanks everyone! CC, I had to go back and take a look at the lion. Ha! Someone was having a little fun painting his eyes. He looks drunk or is crossing his eyes. Funny we have had that ornament for at least 20 years and I never noticed it. Pictures bring things out! Ha

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever