Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanks Kat!


There is one thing I would like to try and "fix" about myself, and that is to try and be a more gracious person in accepting any type of praise or compliment. I have always been very bad at this! If someone says "I like your hair". I end up thinking to myself, it must have looked really bad the last time they saw me. I have never really been comfortable with anyone giving me very much attention. It must come from being a middle child. Ha! I will blame it on that anyway.

So "Thank You" very much Kat for giving me this. I really appreciate the fact that you think enough of me to pass this on.


The award is a fine one because it focuses not on the glory and fanfare of blogging, but in the PROXIMITY to one another through this online-world (kind of a Six Degrees of Separation sort of thing). Let's face it, even 5 years ago, we might not have been involved in this crazy, addictive, creative venture. Heck, I wasn't even on Blogger this time 2 years ago! Now, we are all interconnected.

I'm amazed at how often I happen upon some of my regular visitors at the new blogs I choose to investigate, even though I came to these blogs through completely different channels.

"Blogs who receive this award are "exceedingly charming", say its authors. I venture to say also, they are the epitome of good taste, good manners and good grace.
I am delighted to be included in this selection and pleased to pass the award on to others.

This blog invests and believes in the PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships! These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."

I will pass it on to

Rudee
Sandy
BJ
Renie
Crusty
Winifred
Alison
Megan
Betty
Myra
Ann
and to all my other blogging friends who leave me nice comments!

8 comments:

The Crusty Crone said...

(00) ohmygosh. My name is on the list! Whodda thunk it. Thanks so much for thinking of me.

Only now I have to think of eight other people to pass it on. Hmmmmmm I'm thinking. I'm thinking.

I need to work on my blog today (or tomorrow...I'm a procrastinator) to make a list of awards. (goofily she smiles) This is my second one and I thought it would never happen. Just like I thought one time without birth control couldn't hurt.

Rudee said...

Hahaha-just read CC's last sentence.

Thank you Brenda. I'm honored you think this way about my blog. I will pass it along-and I'll make sure I visit the places you've listed too.

Gramma Ann said...

Brenda,
Thank you for including me in your list. I hope you won't mind if I put your award and Kat's together. She awarded me this award too. You are a sweetie to think of me. And like my son-in-law told me this summer, just say, "thank you, I appreciate it!"

Ann

Renie Burghardt said...

Aww, thanks so much, Brenda! Ann also gave me this award, and I also received this a couple of months ago, and it is already on my sidebar, but I do appreciate you thinking of me, and will acknowledge it in the next few days.

Thanks again!

Hugs,

Renie

BJ said...

Thank you my sweet!!! It was very nice to see my name on your list. It's always nice to be recognized for something, isn't it? You and I are alike in many ways. We just have to learn to be more gracious....and accept that we do make a difference in others lives.

And CC - I love your wit! You always make me snicker & snort!!!

MYRA said...

Wow! Imagine my surprize reading this post, during my catch-up session, and seeing my name on your list! Thank you for thinking of me Brenda!!! And, Right back at-cha'!!! 8-)
On to your other posts now...

Sandy said...

well thanks! hahaha, CC's comment was too funny!

I think your blog was definitely worthy of this award.

Winifred said...

Thank you Brenda

I've been having problems getting your Blog updates again so apologies for the delay in responding to your very kind award.

I know exactly what you ean about being gracious in acceopting compliments. I don't know why maybe just don't think I deserve it.

This is a lovely award I hope I do it justice. I have to say I was just thinking about blogging today and in such a short space of time, (less than 3 months) how close I feel to some people who comment on my blog. Obviously I have never met them and am unlikely to. I would never have believed this possible. It can't just be fate!

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever