Friday, December 19, 2008

Woke Up To Some Weird Weather

This image is a picture I took of a snow woman that my Mom had given us when we first got married. She had a friend, a snowman, but one of the dogs destroyed him and now I guard my snow woman on a higher shelve. I have a few things that are from my Mom and Dad, not many because they just didn't have very much. They were very simple people that seemed content to have a roof over their heads and enough land to grow food in a garden. I really just used this image to talk about the crazy weather we are having. I noticed last night when I went to bed it sounded VERY windy. We still had some ice and snow mixed in around the streets and grass. I knew it was raining when I let Clifford out, but had heard on the news that we were supposed to get freezing rain. Just woke up because the wind sounded like a tornado. Looked outside and all ice and snow is gone. Temps must have warmed up a lot! The wind sounds like tornado weather. What the heck?!?!?!?! A tornado for Christmas???? Don't know what this day is going to bring. I have lots of activities planned and a tornado doesn't fit it real well.

5 comments:

MYRA said...

Lovely snow-woman! 8-)
I hope the winds and weird weather subsides without a worry for you all there...

Rudee said...

Oohh. I'd rather have a blizzard -vs-tornado! Be safe!!! We had thundersnow. I slept through it. Right now, we have about a foot of snow with drifts two and three times that size. I saw the highs in cinci were in the 60s. Vegas got snow! What in the world is going on? I'm praying for no calls out tonight.

Reader Wil said...

Well I hope the weather is not too bad and too cold for you at Christmas and all through the winter. Have a great weekend.

Betty Flocken said...

NO we need "peaceful" weather during the holidays. It'll be warming up to 67 by Thursday. I love your snow lady

Sandy said...

Weird weather everywhere! Hope you don't get blown away. I have very little from my mom too, an opal ring my dad had made for her, a few pieces of costume jewelry and a few knick knacks. I wonder thinking back, where her Christmas ornaments went to.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever