Friday, January 2, 2009

City Sky Scrapers


Continental Building In St. Louis

When Bob and I went downtown to see the Oz Concert last weekend, I was taking lots of pictures. Many of them did not turn out, but this one did. There is an interesting story behind this building. If you click on the caption below the picture, it will take you to a sight about it. I also found a site by this architect, Michael Leland.
I enjoyed the first article about it because it told the story of how it seemed hopeless at times to try and rebuild it. I am not much of a "city girl", but this building is very impressive to look at. I was glad that Bob pointed it out to me and I found out a little more about it.
I really like the sky in the back ground. I don't often take pictures of the sky, but I did that day.
We have several buildings that I could do some posts about if anyone is interested. I would enjoy reading about places in your area also.

9 comments:

Rudee said...

You and your camera are capturing some great shots. Now you should go over to skywatch friday and link up. You've some great sky shots!

Reader Wil said...

This is a very interesting building! A pity that such historic buildings need a lot of restoration every now and then, which is very expensive.

Reader Wil said...

Me again. The drawings on my daughter's blog are hers indeed.

Sandy said...

That is absolutely gorgeous!! I'd love to see more in your area.

I'll post some from Los Angeles and some from my area when I get them..

Excellent photography!

Gramma Ann said...

That is a beautiful photo of the building. Sounds like you two had a nice time in the city. It's nice to get out once in a while and do something different. Have a nice week-end.

Maria said...

Beautiful photos!

Brenda said...

Rudee,
I have seen a few sky watch and really like to look at it on other blogs, but I most likely won't commit to anything. I don't know what I am doing from one day to the next.

Wil,
I will have to go back to your daughters blog. Her drawings are pretty creative!

Sandy,
Thanks! I would love to see some from your area. I enjoy the ones you do show!

Ann,
It was nice to get out and do something different. I would like to get out more and take pictures.

MYRA said...

Very interesting building Brenda! 8-)
I have planned to snap photos of impressive structures from our city, but I either have forgotten to take along my camera, or I forget to snap photos period! One day it will happen! lol! 8-/

Femin Susan said...

Hello……. !
Very cute all these pictures... Excellent photography...Great……. may god bless you !

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever