Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I Won!!!

I won this beautiful Clapotis Shawl today over at Rudee's place! I promise to take good care of it Rudee and guard it from any disasters. I have had a few lately, unfortunately. (See previous posts)
Special things get special attention around here though. Sometimes I am afraid to wear some of my special jewelry because of losing it. I know it is going to be exciting to see it come in the mail!




This afternoon my Debbie Bliss book came from Amazon. I had checked this one out 2 or 3 times at the library, and never saw it at the book stores. When I saw that Amazon had it for a nice price I grabbed it. So far, early in my knitting experiences I like her patterns because they have such a simple elegant look to them. I posed the sock/hat on top of it, because I don't have a baby to put it on today. This is the sock I talked about in my previous post, that I had to turn into a hat. I used the wrong size needles. I now have the right size needles and I am working on a new pair of socks. I am determined to achieve knitting a nice pair of socks!!

7 comments:

Sandy said...

yea yea yea for Brenda..you won! Lucky you and how cool is that.

Love the hat your made out of your sock, ..hahaha I actually enjoy reading about your mishaps cause they're funny...

Poetikat said...

Congrats Brenda! Can you teach me to knit? I have wool, knitting needles, crochet hooks (I like crochet as well), really I have lots of wool - pretty, fuzzy, soft-- all ready to go - I just need a few refresher lessons.

Kat

Brenda said...

Kat,
I would love to teach you how but I am still learning myself and don't feel qualified at all. I have only taught myself through on line help, and I will mail you some links that I have used. I think I still have your email..going to go check..

Rudee said...

Well, you certainly deserve the shawl! And you won it fair and square. I will mail it with care instructions and a bit of Soak-it's all I use to clean my hand knits. Just remember: no heat and no agitation. Cold water and let it sit in soak.

I like the sockhat. Gauge is either a knitter's best friend or worst enemy. hahahahaha.

You're right about Debbie Bliss patterns--go get some Bliss yarn to knit with and you'll be in heaven.

Renie Burghardt said...

Oh, what a beautiful shawl! Congratulations, Brenda. I'm sure you'll enjoy it, but don't carry a crockpot filled with food, when you're wearing it. hehe. Sorry, I couldn't resist that.

Hugs,

Renie

Betty Flocken said...

IT'S Beautiful! Congratulations!

MYRA said...

Nice shawl, and sock hat! 8-)
I wish you luck on your next attempt at socks... never have myself! 8-)

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever