Friday, January 2, 2009

Strolling Down Memory Lane

This morning I woke up and decided to try and go through every year of my life so far and see if I could come up with just one event or one sentence about each year. I wasn't able to finish it yet, because I had to do some other things, but each morning while I drink my morning coffee I will try to finish it. I think I got up to age 18....only 40 more to go.
The rest of the day was spent trying to go through old photos. I was looking for a couple of ones I was thinking about this morning but since my photos are a disorganized mess, it took me all day to just find one or two. I never did find the main one I was looking for.
I ran across the photo above of me at a computer and had to ask my husband if he remembered what this was. He said it is an old Apple computer that we borrowed for a short while. I am going to take a wild guess and say the year was 1982? Aside from being many years older and not anywhere near that skinny, that represents what I do now. Sit at my kitchen table and do computer stuff. Blogging mainly. I am trying to figure out the best thing to do with all of our old photos. Should I put them in books, as they are all just loose and in boxes. Should I scan them and put them on cds. I think I just answered my own question. I should do both.
We also had a nice visit from our son. He works crazy hours and it is hard for us to spend time with him. So we appreciate every little bit we can get. He is our baby even though he is 25.
Looking through old pictures is fun but emotional.
I have not made any New Years resolutions. I just don't feel like committing to very much of anything right now. I would rather take each day for what it is. The Good the Bad and The Ugly. I will keep my eyes peeled for the Good though.

5 comments:

Reader Wil said...

That's quite a job Brenda, to write down something about each year in your life, It is great if you can remember.At what age did you start? I hope that this year will be a wonderful year for you and your family.

Rudee said...

I think the cd idea is nice, but so are the real thing. you could also store then in files on your computer then save to a portable drive so it doesn't eat your memory.

Happy New Year!

Sandy said...

Wow, love the photo of you, so young and pretty! And you still are that, just jump into that young energy.

I need to organize mine some day. That is quite a task ahead of you. Glad you had a good visit with your son. I love your attitude for the new year, yeah!!

Winifred said...

You're full of energy Brenda! I keep meaning to scan my photos. This year I sorted them out into themes and groups and then one day my daughter arrived and just kept picking them up and putting them down anywhere. Now they're in a worse mess than before.

I'll have to start again but make sure I hide them from her. I need a spare hard drive too. Probably safer to put them onto CD as well.

Betty Flocken said...

Great photo of you. I remember 1982.. I turned 30!
I'd do both; it could take time (took me 2 years) to scan all your photos. As you scan, try saving to proper month and year. Then put them in order an put them in books. Then burn all your photos to CD/DVD in case you have a crash... It's also a very fast way to save your photos in the event of an emergency.... Am I anal or WHAT?

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever