Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Thanks Rudee!

Rudee had a contest for her "One Year Anniversary" in the blogging world, and I won her beautifully hand knitted Clapotis shawl. Go here to read about it. Be sure and click on her link to go back and see the work in progress. It makes me appreciate it all the more. She persuaded me, a few months ago,to take up knitting again after leaving it in the closet for about 25 years. I have done little else since then. I know that Rudee is a very busy lady. She works more than 40 hours a week as a hospice nurse, volunteers her services for Breast Cancer Walks, helps her friend Jeannie, keep her blog going, takes care of her family, and God only knows what else. She entertains us with blog posts, pretty much on a daily basis. She is amazing! Okay I better stop now before she starts getting a halo over her head. I received my prize yesterday! It is so soft and warm and she included a few extra charming items with it!






How did she know I hate to exercise?????
I think she reads between the lines on my blog.


She must also know that I bore easily and need challenges in my life.



Here is the shawl at my house.


And....the one thing that she asked was that the winner take a picture of themselves with it. It is really hard to take a picture of yourself when you don't know where the timer is on the camera. This is the best that I could do. I was going to have someone take a picture of me with it, and then photo shop me into a beach scene or something but the chance of that happening anytime soon is slim. I decided to just get over my dislike of pictures of myself and comply with Rudee's wishes.




THANK YOU RUDEE!!!!

I Love It!

4 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

The shawl is beautiful, and look at the lovely lady wearing it!

Hugs,

Renie

Rudee said...

You're welcome Brenda! Thank you. You look lovely all wrapped up in it!

Sandy said...

What a great package of stuff, way to go Rudee... nice! Love the martini saying! And so nice to see a pic of you Brenda! You look so cozy and cute sitting there.

Winifred said...

Lovely to see you Brenda and the shawl!

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever