Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Wizard of Oz Quilt

Bob's sister Lois gave us a quilt for Christmas. She did a great job on it! I love how she put the browns and blacks in to go with the sepia color scenes. The pictures don't do it justice, so you'll just have to take my word for it. Bob is going to keep it on his reading chair. The last picture is the back, or front..they are both very pretty. I asked her to get on her tippy toes, and she said she was. Ha! The poor little woman is shorter than I am. She made a beautiful embroidered picture for Maddies room also, but I didn't get a picture of that yet.



10 comments:

Reader Wil said...

Yea, you're right both sides are very pretty! Good job!

Betty Flocken said...

Oh this is beautiful! Lyndsey would LOVE IT (my daughter) That is still her favorite movie ... from childhood

Winifred said...

What a fantastic present.

Those colours co ordinate so well. I would never have thought of red with brown and black. Lovely.

Sandy said...

Wow...that is a REALLY cool quilt and yes that sepia parts against the color... I like that! and I see you peeking up over the quilt..cute.

Sandy said...

wait a minute, that's not you...

Rudee said...

Wow! It's spectacular. Marvel-ous!

MYRA said...

Hey Brenda!
Lovely quilt you were given there! Very nice! 8-)
Thanks for the "friend award"! Right back at'cha! 8-)

Gramma Ann said...

That is a very lovely quilt. I can see why he would display it on the back of his chair. Not only lovely, but nice to curl up in on a cold wintry night.

Renie Burghardt said...

That is a beautiful quilt, Brenda! Your husband will enjoy snuggling up to it in his chair. All the workmanship she put into making that quilt make it a real treasured gift.

Hugs,

Renie

Mary said...

This is so cool! I had to search your blog for quilts, now that I know you are a quilter. What neat idea based on a neat movie!

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever