Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Yesterday's Visit


Yesterday I had a visit from my son-in-law and Maddie, and then not long after they were here my son called and said he and his friend, Joe and his daughter were on their way over. They may not like me plastering their pictures on the internet, but this is a journal of "My Days'. The picture above is of the group. Brian, my son-in-law on the left with Maddie on his lap. Joe in the middle, with his daughter Erika on his lap, and my son Bobby on the right, with our dog Clifford looking at them.

This visit was special for a few reasons. Joe has been Bobby's friend since they were four years old, and he is in all of our birthday party pictures of Bobby's as they were growing up. They didn't get to attend the same High Schools, but still remained best friends. Joe had moved away for a job the past 5 or 6 years and has just moved back to this area to be with his family and a new job. It is nice for me to get to see Joe raising a family, since I have known him most of his life. He has known our family through our 2 dogs, Arthur and Clifford. Our dog Clifford is almost 15 years old and has his moments, when he isn't all that sharp. He did however, come out of hiding for Joe and Bobby. He seemed to remember Joe very well. I enjoyed watching Joe interact with his daughter. She is not quite 2 years old yet and is soooo cute.


Here she is sitting in Maddie's high chair. Neither Maddie or Erika have been in day care yet. They have only been taken care of by family members. So it was interesting to watch them observe each other. Maddie didn't seem to mind her playing with all her toys or sitting in her high chair, although if Maddie were closer to 2 instead of 1 she may have objected. Two year olds are pretty different from one year olds, from what I remember. As a Grand Parent instead of a Mom, I find myself thinking I should be an expert on child rearing, but find I am not able to remember things correctly, and certainly do not feel very much like an expert on anything.




Maddie was happy Clifford came out of his hiding place so she could see him. She loves him, but he is either afraid or very jeoulous of her and hides when she comes over.

This is what I would look like if I would let anyone take a picture of me. Ha. What I mean is that this is where I do my computing. At the kitchen table.

Today is day 3 of the starvation diet..I mean cleansing diet. That sounds more healthy. Tune in tomorrow for more "Days of My Life." Betcha can't wait.....Ha. I do not exactly live a soap opera life.

10 comments:

Rudee said...

And now, you have bragging rights. You, yes you Brenda, are the owner of a beautiful Clapotis shawl. I will be blogging about it later today. Congratulations.

I'm happy for you all that your son's friend, who is an obvious part of your family, has moved back home.

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Brenda,

Nice pictures. I hope the diet is going well. And I hope your foot is okay from the crock pot attack!

Hugs,

Renie

The Crusty Crone said...

Nice to see the family. And congrats on winning the shawl.

Winifred said...

There are some lovely pictures there.

I know exactly what you mean about trying to remember things from when your children were young. You know what? I've forgotten from one grandchild to the next and there were only 7 years between them! I don't feel too bad about it my daughter had forgotten too.

MYRA said...

Three big guys, and 2 tiny girls. How cute! 8-)
Good luck with that cleansing diet Brenda!

Poetikat said...

Yikes! Cleansing? For real? That's not easy. I consider it a cleansing if I skip sugar in my tea.
I work at the dining room table so, we're in the same kind of setup. I'm currently grappling with shoulder pain so I'll have to rethink the setup. I love Erika's mini-Uggs!

Kat

Reader Wil said...

I love the shawl you got from Rudee, nice and warm. You've got a wonderful family!
I did a cleansing diet last year and I think that it is rather difficult!

Sandy said...

Well how cool to see them all and the little sweeties. I enjoyed all the photos and now I see where you sit when you are at the computer. (Ooops I think I read that right)...

I have fun watching my son's friends now raising their kids. Once in awhile one of them will bring their kid over and it's a kick to see these punks as it were, being daddies.

Sandy said...

and enjoyed the peek in your house. Nice. Looks like we have the same type of computer but in my case, you will find me sitting on my bed doing my computing stuff.

Betty Flocken said...

I LOVE your family photos! How wonderful your son's friend is back in town. The girls are so adorable

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever