Tuesday, February 24, 2009

1947

Not so sure about the fashion for this thimble in 1947

but this is what my Mom and Dad wore that year.


And this concludes the "Women and Fashions of the Avon Thimbles."


I found these 2 pieces of jewelry in my Mom's stuff a while back and thought I would try to take a picture of it. I don't remember her ever wearing either of these. The necklace is kinda interesting, but I didn't try to put it on yet. Sorta like a pearl (not real) collar.

Cameos were popular once upon a time. I forget if they were popular in the 50's or 60's.....

7 comments:

Rudee said...

That pearl necklace is beautiful. Your mom and dad made for a cute couple.

Betty Flocken said...

Love this picture. When did we stop wearing hats!!! I Love hats!

Winifred said...

That's a beautiful necklace. It would look great on a plain dark dress.

You have some wonderful pictures of your Mam & Dad.

Patty said...

The pearl necklace/collar was probably worn with a sweater that had no neck, so it made the sweater look like it had a collar. Cameo's are always in style, I think. I have about four of them, gifts from different daughters. None are really old like an antique. Have a great evening.

Sandy said...

That cameo is gorgeous!!! I love it. How fun to see some of your, or your mom's, jewelry..more!!

I swear, we all have photos that look like the one you posted of your mom and dad, same poses, same clothes. There is something about seeing others' photos, it's like looking into ones' own box of memories.

Brenda said...

Thanks for your visits everyone!

Gramma Ann said...

After reading your latest post, I remembered I was going to make a comment on the pearl necklace collar and got interrupted and just remembered now about it. But, I see Patty already explained about it. So you aren't the only one who is forgetful. lol

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever