Thursday, February 5, 2009

Just A Quick Update

"Weaver's Fever" quilt I made for my niece several years ago.


My new camera lets me take videos and pictures, but I am not able to download them on to Picassa which is where I crop, fix my pictures. I need to remember to just take a video and then download that, delete it and then take pictures. For some reason it won't let me do both. I had taken some pictures to talk about but those will have to wait until I get some help from my hubby when he gets a chance to help me. So I thought I would just talk about quilt shows. It is getting time to decide which one I want to go to in April. I could go to the one in Paducah which is the one I have been going to for almost 22 years. Or I could try to get adventurous and drive to Denver and experience something I haven't done before. The Denver trip would take longer and be more expensive, so most likely the Paducah one will win out.
I have worn myself out this week with all the changing of rooms and cleaning, so tonight I am taking a break and going to knit and watch the tube. Tomorrow I get to be with the baby all day, so may or may not get on the computer. Our weather is suppose to get in the 50's for a couple of days.
They just had a news cast on the TV about how movie stars, etc. don't really look as good as their pictures. Those pictures are photo enhanced to make them look skinnier, and all perfect. Geez..I thought they all got plastic surgery?!?!

5 comments:

Sandy said...

OH a trip to Denver, what a nice break from daily routine that would be and a new adventure. Hope you really consider that one for yourself.

Hope you get the video and picture thing figured out.

Enjoy your knitting and tube watching.

love the photo...great job.

Rudee said...

I vote for Denver, but then if you go to Paducah, you can probably spend more. I love the Weaver's quilt. You do beautiful work.

Happy Knitting!

MYRA said...

Yahoo a quilt to look at! 8-)
It is lovely Brenda!
I have a quilting friend here that went to the Paducah Show last time. Her son lives about 3-4 hours away from there, so she made a bit of a family holiday out of the trip too... She really enjoyed the quilt show!

Reader Wil said...

I also use Picasa for my photos. Well I hope you'll take beautiful photos of the quilt show. Have a nice weekend.

Winifred said...

That photo is lovely, those colours are so striking. How long did it take?

Don't overdo things with the housework. I was going to do the bedrooms this week as I didn't get them done for Christmas due to the dreaded bug. However Nathan my grandson was ill and so I looked after him. There's always next week, God willing!

Have a lovely time wherever you decide to go. I've never been to a quilt show. I'm going to try to joing a class when Lauren goes to school later this year otherwise I'll never get going.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever