Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My Attempt At Drawing



Well, you have to at least admire my guts for posting this! I have been making noises here and there about trying to learn how to draw. I decided to go get some art paper, and a package of artist beginner tools. I don't even know what they are, other than the pencils and eraser. I got them from Michaels with my 40% off coupon. I guess I will figure them out. Maybe I should have read the instructions...ha! You know how good I am at reading instructions. No not me! I just picked up a pencil and started drawing and had some colored pencils. The one thing I am kinda proud of though is that I didn't erase anything or try to fix anything with my photo fixing programs. Not saying I won't do that in the future though. This is Sandy's pretty cat. I saved it from her site and printed a copy and just sat on the bed while I watched a TV show and sketched it pretty quickly. I really had fun with it. So tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies and just say it is good. Ha!

15 comments:

Gramma Ann said...

I will not lie, I love it, it is the cutest little kitty. I envy you I can't even draw stick people. I think you did a great job.

Rudee said...

I'm like Gramma Ann. I can draw a cute monkey, but even that one-note talent took years to develop.

The sketch is remarkable for you first time out.

flydragon said...

"it is good"
And no, that wasn't a lie.

Betty Flocken said...

BRENDA! It's wonderful!! I can't believe it's your first drawing! I'm not lying either!!! I'm so impressed and yes, maybe a little jealous.. I'm still having trouble with stick figures. :)

Renie Burghardt said...

Brenda,

You continue to surprise me. A woman of many interests and talents. That drawing is very good! And this is the first time you drew anything? Amazing!

Enjoy the day. We have sunshine and mild temperatures. Yay!

Renie

Reader Wil said...

Congrats! You managed to draw a very lovely kitten!

Pat and Abe said...

Drawing. I used to teach it in High School and also did it by correspondence course. I think there is no positive way to do it but there is nothing better than experience.

And, you will need to really look at things and notice the relationship of one thing to its neighbor or to something else around the scene or picture you are drawing.

Abraham Lincoln
Brookville, Ohio

Brenda said...

Thanks for being so kind everyone!!

Oh my....an Art teacher...which one left the comment..Patty or Abe or both...whichever, I appreciate the advice. I need it! Haha

I just noticed something about my drawing. Sandy when you come visit...the kitty I drew looks stressed because he tore up your screen. Ha ha...or do kitties get stressed? Yeah I say they do.

Sandy said...

I won't tell you any lies, but only the truth...THIS IS FANTASTIC. And what a great choise of colors and such an artsy stylized style you did it in. I LOVE it. I will link to this.

I've been so darn busy with grandkids I haven't been able to get on or even finish my own drawing for the challenge.

Sandy said...

hahaha, just read the other comments..cats don't get stressed...nah...they only get even.

The Crusty Crone said...

Brenda!! You did it!! ohmygosh... I feel like jumping up and down with joy, but I'm too old.

And it looks wonderful!! Seriously, either you've done some art before or you've got great natural talent. I'm not going to lie about it either. I will however, always be supportive. The girl got skills!!

Winifred said...

Brenda I don't need to lie, it's good. You really caught the eyes.

You need to keep going and let us see your work.

cat's momma said...

I think this is a charming drawing and I love the color you used! I like how the eyes stand out...and this was your first attempt? I'm really impressed....GOOD FOR YOU!!

BumbleVee said...

Well....it IS a good beginning....so there. Keep it up.... you will see amazing changes and be pleasantly surprised...

MYRA said...

Your drawing looks absolutely wonderful Brenda! Good for you! 8-)

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever