Friday, November 28, 2008

Once Again....I Am Goofing Off...Sidetracked In The 60's and 70's

What was I thinking???? Doing some cleaning and trying to throw things away here and there and ran across some old photos. I am going to guess this was about 1967 or 1968. I think my Mom had that in her stuff when I got some boxes she had put away after she died. The photo is so old you can't enlarge it without distorting it, but I have a very hazy memory of trying to make my eyes like Twiggy's. The hair....no clue what that was all about. The dress, I do remember making that dress. It was a very popular dress style and very easy to make. I can't recall what the poster was on the wall. Something from that year, probably in an album. I think albums put posters in them sometimes. Not sure.


Here I am at a nude beach..I think. Once again hazy memory.
You have to visit Sandy's blog to get that joke.




And...here I am at a ladies house that I worked with. My first real job after High School. We worked 3rd shift at a factory. I think I was about 18 or 19 years old here.

Okay...back to work.

5 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh darn, wish I could enlarge them to be able to draw off them...cute pics! I enjoyed these and hope you can find some more! I'll have to pull some of my old ones out some day.

Betty Flocken said...

Oh Brenda! You were (probably still are) beautiful! Love that last one! I get your hair in that top photo! I remember the style and your make up was about right for the time too.. Use to take me over an hour! LOL You MAY have been wearing a "Cascade" for the hairdo! Ah memories

Gramma Ann said...

I like Betty remember the hairdo and make-up. Kind of remembrance of the Barbra S. look, I saw that more then Twiggy look, althrough I really don't remember much about Twiggy except that she was super skinny, an unhealthy look I always thought. I'll have to dig up some of my old photos of yesteryear!

The photos of you show you were quite beautiful and I'm sure you still are. I agree with Betty. We always see ourselves different than everyone else sees us.

Nude Beach? I read Sandy's story, so that wasn't you she was talking about? LOL...

Sandy said...

hahha, no Gramma Ann, it IS her I was talking about but the aliens are erasing my memories.

Brenda said...

Sandy,
Hope you find some pictures to share with us. It took some courage on my part to put these up. Ha..

Betty,
Nope...I am not beautiful, but thanks for the kind little fib. I appreciate it. Ha
I think that was my real hair, but you may be right about the cascade....that is trying to come into my memory. Maybe I will try and research it on the computer and see what comes up.

Ann,
Hahah Sandy is having some fun with me and I am a willing character egging her on. Don't know if I spelled that all right, but hopefully you know what I mean.

Sandy,
Hahaha....now we know who to blame for our memory loss! The aliens! I always suspected them. This reminds me of a story in my teen years...maybe I will make a blog post out of it.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever