Wednesday, March 25, 2009

What Would you Do?

I was watching "Dancing With The Stars" last night and a show comes on after it called "What Would You Do?" I saw it for the first time last week and thought it was kind of interesting. They showed a few "staged" situations to see how people would react. Two situations were staged to see if others would come to the aid of someone that needed help, like a person getting beat up just because he was a certain race. Another staged situation was a 15 year old woman being forced to marry some old man in a religious cult. They were at a restaurant discussing the situation and this show , "What Would You Do" was trying to see if anyone would help her go to the police or just ignore the situation. I guess since this was the first time I had ever seen the show, I found it interesting. This week, it shocked and baffled me. I won't be watching it anymore. I cannot believe that there are THAT many people in the world that would just go along with certain situations, and can't think for themselves. They staged this situation where a "fake badged " man asked a woman to put a drug in someone's drink that he was trying to capture, because she was suppose to have stolen her child from her ex-husband or the father of the child. I think that was the situation...I may be a little off in my story. The point is......How can anyone be that naive or stupid, to follow instructions from a complete stranger!!!!! That is really scary to think there are so many people walking around that could be talked into these situations so easily.
Aside from that shocking revelation, Dancing With the Stars was entertaining. I never seem to know very many of the stars, but I enjoy watching dancing in general. Some day I would like to go see those cloggers, I think they are called The Lord Of The Rings... in person.
I have been cleaning the house today and will tomorrow and Friday. I am so behind around here on things that need some attention. This weekend I hear we may get snow. Just when everything is blooming and looking like Spring! Typical though for Missouri!

7 comments:

Rudee said...

Whoa! Snow? Time to cuddle with Clapotis!!!

I couldn't stomach the What Would You Do? show either. Why can't we focus on the positive things? Is that even allowed? There is no money in feel good stories-which is why I boycott the news at night. I'd never be able to get to sleep worrying about the bogey man, muggers, criminals, pestilence, war, mayhem, murder, rape, drugs and the economy. I'd rather cuddle up with a ball of wool and a couple of needles.

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Brenda,

I haven't watched "What Would You Do," and don't plan on watching it. I do enjoy Dancing with the Stars though, but hardly know any of the stars.

Snow? Perish the thought! We are to get rain Friday into Saturday, but it's not cold enough for snow. The temps will be in the low 60s, they say. Of course, I will be a bit south of here as of tomorrow.

Have a great weekend!

Hugs,

Renie

Reader Wil said...

You're right: the situations mentioned are terribly nasty. I always get angry, when such people as you mentioned, get a chance to do such horrible crimes.

MYRA said...

I think I've seen that "what would you do show" once or twice, or something similar. There are some good people out there that do come to the rescue of people who are in need of help... very few I know, but some...

Sandy said...

I saw that show and it was truly amazing what people would do, especially those ones that helped bring the baby outside. I use to watch dancing with the stars and enjoyed it but there is nobody on there I care about..so I'm finding it boring this season, but I do have it on in the back ground. And oh yeah, I had a dress just like that one in the top photo and I have a pic of me in a bathing suit about the same color....Sure wish I could do something with those photos but they are too small darn it.

Gramma Ann said...

I changed the channel when they were going to do the badge and pill thing, I said, enough is enough!! This week I think it was, they were doing a racial bit, I didn't think much of it either. I switched to something else to watch. I agree with Rudee, why can't they do positive things?

I watch "Dancing With The Stars" because that an "American Idol" are about all I watch on TV. Althrough, I have been enjoying two new detective shows, One is "Lie To Me" and the other is "Castle". I think that is the titles. Anyway, I don't know how long I will enjoy them until they make them silly or something!

Brenda said...

Rudee,
Yep...I agree with you on everything you said!

Renie,
Hope you have a nice time on your trip!

Wil,
I try to keep on the positive side of things....most of the time.

Myra,
Yes, I think the first time I saw it I enjoyed it because it did show people standing up for others, but then the next time not so much. I think it is still pretty interesting to observe people in this way, but scary also.

Sandy,
You saw the same show I did about the baby. Ha ha...love what you are doing over at your blog. That may be next on my "to do" list. I need to create some stories. I have never tried that yet. Hope you find some pictures of the 60's.

Ann,
I think I may check those shows out you mentioned. I do enjoy sitting back with a good show every now and then, so I can knit or sew while I am entertained by the tube.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever