Thursday, April 9, 2009

Happy Easter!

I will be busy off and on for the next few days, so just wanted to post some pictures and say Have a Nice Easter weekend!

The picture above was one I took at Opryland Quilt Show last summer.

Can you find the rabbit?


This was a fancy pants rabbit statue down on main Street in front of a store.

Another tin type image of a rabbit in front of a store on Main.


I don't have time to find out the answer to my question right now, but I am wondering how rabbits became a part of the Easter tradition?

9 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

Beautiful pictures. I found the bunny in the top picture. On top to the right.

Don't have much time either as I will have a busy weekend.

Happy Easter, Brenda!

Bunny Hugs,

Renie

Rudee said...

Have a great Easter weekend. I found the bunny too, though he was hard to see.

delphine said...

And a happy Easter to you too Brenda! My, you have been busy,your posts are full of bright and cheery pictures. I particularly liked the lambs, as I hand reared one ( quite a long time ago) and featured him on my other blog. He was called Charlie, and grew into a big fat ram. I saw the dark rabbit peeping out of the flowers!

Sandy said...

Great photos! Enjoyed them. You have a happy Easter too. I have no idea about rabbits being a part of easter.

Reader Wil said...

Thanks for the visit. Have a great Easter weekend!

MYRA said...

Happy Easter to you and your family Brenda! Take care!

Betty Flocken said...

I couldn't find the bunny - but it is the middle of the night so I don't blame myself. Have a Wonderful Easter!

Winifred said...

Have a lovely Easter Brenda. Hope you get good weather.

Wikipedia suggests the bunnies appeared in Alsace and SW Germany in the 1600s and were originally made of pastry and sugar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_Bunny

Reader Wil said...

Thanks again! See you!

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever