Sunday, April 26, 2009

More Quilt Show Pictures



This was one of my favorites for a couple of reasons. The colors make me feel happy, and I can really appreciate how difficult it must have been with all of the sharp points. The pattern is called New York Beauty. It won 1st place for 1st entry in AQS Quilt Contest.


This quilt won one of the top four awards for Gammill Longarm Machine Quilting. The fabric is silk and has floral applique and a quilting overlay for a three dimensional look.

This is another one that won one of the top four awards. It won for Bernina machine Workmanship. It is a whole cloth and has so much stitching in it. I just can't imagine how you could pull this off without making so many mistakes, you would want to give up. This quilt is amazing!
This quilt won second place in the Pictorial category. The artist studied ikebana in Japan for 11 years before creating this.

I am not sure if I got a good picture of The Best Of Show which is the top award because there were so many people standing around, I could hardly see the quilt. I am pretty sure I have a picture of the artist that made it though. I will have so many pictures to show it may take me a year to put them up. I realize it could get pretty boring for most of you who visit my blog, that don't share my interest in quilt shows, so I will try to throw in some other things here and there.

7 comments:

Rosy said...

That top Quilt is really very beautiful and I think I like that the best of all of these. I have a hand made quilt that was given to me over twenty years ago, it is fragile now that I am even afraid to take it out of hiding!

All of the Rooster art challenges looks great to me. I have fun doing your art challenge, thank you!

Patty said...

Some beautiful looking quilts.

Reader Wil said...

These quilts are magnificent! Thanks for showing.

MYRA said...

Oh my gosh! A beautiful show of quilts!!! Love the whole-cloth! Wow! Wow! Wow!

The roosters all look great too by the way... 8-)

Sandy said...

Oh no this isn't boring. The one that won for Bernina..wow... but they are all incredible.

The Crusty Crone said...

wow... my gramma never quilted like that!! They are awesome!!

Renie Burghardt said...

All the quilts are really gorgeous, Brenda. They are pieces of art. I like them all.

Hugs,
Renie

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever