Monday, April 20, 2009

Myra's Drawing and Some More Photos

I was so excited to see that Myra had sketched a picture I had posted on my last post. She is going to try and stitch it. She has been showing some pictures of a quilt she did some time ago when she took an applique class. I have really enjoyed seeing her pictures because this was her first experience with applique and she did a great job. Also they have a folksy style to them, which I love. I thought I would put up a few more photos just in case she wants to use them, or anyone else that may have an interest in drawing them or stitching from them.

I should have some free time this week and am so looking forward to it!
My husband and I are planning on going to Paducah at the end of the week,
but for the first 3 days this week I hope to relax, as much as I can.

These first few photos were taken in past years of our wisteria that climbs around our pool. The house we live in now is only our third home during the 32 years we have been married. At the house before this one we had a wisteria also. It is really my husbands pride and joy. Many mornings before he goes to work he trims it back and shapes it and probably meditates on its beauty.


This is picture I took last week on a walk with Maddie.
I should know the name of this tree but I can't think of it right now.


Our Dogwoods and Redbuds and Cherry trees and Bradford Pears
are all out blooming right now and they are all so beautiful!



My husband took these pictures of our wisteria yesterday morning.






This is our Japanese Maple tree
with some rain drops on the leaves that Bob took a picture of.

I will probably find a few more photos later and post them as I have time.

6 comments:

MYRA said...

YIKES! You posted it! OH my... That is just a rough sketch for now...

Love all the beautiful colors in your photos! We are so devoid of colors right now. Everything is still quite grey and dead looking. No buds on the trees yet... 8-(

Have a good day!

Sandy said...

Wow, love that wisteria. The red leaf, excellent. Enjoyed all the photos and I hope you really can relax and enjoy your getaway.

Myra did a great job on the sketch, I'll have to visit her blog and see her quilts if she has some posted.

Betty Flocken said...

Brenda these are beautiful photos. Can't wait to see the completed needlework

Renie Burghardt said...

Myra's sketch is very nice, Brenda. And all your blooms are beautiful. Can't quite tell that tree you can't indentify, but it looks a little like a pink dogwood. But I am not sure. Your wisteria, or should I say your husbands wisteria, is gorgeous. You do have beautiful blooms on your property. Have a great time in Paducah!

Hugs,

Renie

Rudee said...

I saw a tulip in my garden today. We've had a couple of days of rain and some warm weather due Wednesday. I'm betting when I get up on Thursday, there will be an explosion of growth. I'm hoping anyways. Love your beautiful pictures Brenda.

Winifred said...

I'm dying to see Myra's stitching. It's a love;y sketch even if she says it's rough.

Your wisteria is gorgeous, the photos are so clear. It must be great to be able to see it every day.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever