Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Very Hard

I am a little embarrassed to put this up, because it was so much harder than I thought it would be. It looked like it would be fun to do, but I tried twice to make it look better and felt this may be as good as it can get. I love the picture of the rooster that I took because he has such neat striking colors blended in him, but I found that really hard to capture. Oh well, I'll keep trying or maybe take a class. No need to tell me it is good. I'll just try again another time. Looking forward to seeing anyone else that tried it though!

10 comments:

MYRA said...

But it is good Brenda! Very good indeed! You are your worst critic girl! 8-)

Rudee said...

It's fabulous Brenda. You are much too hard on yourself.

Gramma Ann said...

OK! I won't say it's good, but it is very skillfully done! I like it.

Reader Wil said...

It's beautiful Brenda. The photo shows that the rooster is very great!
Thanks for sharing! Thanks for your visit!

Sandy said...

I agree, it is good! you definitely have the rooster body and shape and with a little more confidence you can "push" the color values more but you are on the right track and it looks really good to me.

Betty Flocken said...

I think it's awesome!

Renie Burghardt said...

It's much, much better than one I would have done, Brenda. In fact, it's very good!

Hugs,

Renie

Brenda said...

Awwwww....I can always count on my friends to be so sweet. I was ready to put it all aside for awhile until I could take some lessons, but perhaps someday I'll get better and then I can look back on this as a learning experience. I am glad that I posted it...I feel brave somehow. (Rather than throw it in the trash can and feel that I failed.) Thanks, sweet ladies!

cat's momma said...

That is a good job on the rooster, and after seeing the photograph, I want to try it, hopefully tomorrow sometime. I also saved off a couple other photos of yours because not only are they beautiful, but I'm always looking for material to draw....thank you for offering your photos for artwork!!!

Brenda said...

Thanks CM! Hope you have time to draw the rooster and Sandy too!

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever