Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Another Little Game



I have often thought about the people I have gotten to know that I blog with. Some of you I know maybe a little more than others. A few of you I have talked to on the telephone or have seen a photo of you here and there, but many of you I know very little about. I think that is the nice thing about blogging. We can express our thoughts whenever we feel like it or have time to do so, and eventually we build up a sidebar of people we visit on a regular basis. My sidebar of bloggers are people who have left me comments more than a couple of times. That way I know you enjoy reading my stories and rants enough to leave a comment, and I in turn visit you and enjoy whatever is going on in your world.
So, with that being said, I would like to try and guess your heights. Please don't feel like you have to reveal what your real height is if you don't want to. You can maybe just tell me if I came close or not close at all. You can also try and guess my height if you like and I will tell you if you are correct. I don't mind.

So here goes:


Sandy 5' 11"

Betty 5' 5"

Rudee 5' 6"

BJ 5' 5"

Renie 5' 2"

Flydragon 5"4"

Winifred 5' 7"

Myra 5' 6"

Reader Wil 5'8"

Kat 5'4"

Abe 5'9"

Patty 5'7"

Fritzy 5' 5"

Laura 5' 10"

CC 5' 7"

Mary 5' 8"

Ann 5' 6"

Rosita 5' 11"

Lily 5' 5"

Delphine 5' 6"


I looked up what the average height is for US and according to wikipedia it was 5' 4".
Of course many of you are not from the US and there were different average heights for every country.

So how did I do?



15 comments:

Poetikat said...

Wow, Brenda! If I'm the "Kat" you've listed, you've got me bang on! I AM 5'4". I don't think I've ever mentioned that anywhere. Wow! You're good!

Kat

Renie Burghardt said...

You came pretty close with my height, Brenda. I used to be 5'2, but am now 5'1. Almost a midget. Haha.

I picture Sandy tall as well, so will check back to see how close you came with her. Good thing you didn't post weight guesses though. Haha. That might get you in trouble!

Oh, did you mention your height? I'm guessing 5'4!

Hugs,

Renie

Abe Lincoln said...

WEll, this was funny. I see I am 5'9" and I am or was 5'11" and at one time there was 1/2 inch on top of that. I was close to being 6' but I have since shrunk some.

The Photo Booth pictures are saved automatically at the bottom of the program. They scroll across. You can drag them out onto the desktop and mail them to yourself if you wish. That's how I get them from the iMac to the PC.

Gramma Ann said...

Hahaha! I wish! If I was 5'6" my weight would be a lot closer to my goal weight. But, as it is I am 5'2" and way over my goal weight. LOL.

I would guess you to be 5'5". I put 5'4" first, but someone else guessed that. I don't want to be a copycat. >^..^<

BJ said...

Right on, baby!!!! How in the heck did you do that? You are too good!

cat's momma said...

You were right about Sandy, 5'11", I think. I'm 5'8", the short one in my family except for mom who was 5'2 1/2". My daughter is 6'2" and Sandy's kids are all six foot or over, up to 6'7" I believe.

Betty F said...

You got mine RIGHT!! LOL Well Done!

Rositta said...

Close but no cigar...you have me pegged at 5'11" but I'm actually 6'1", he he...ciao

Brenda said...

Ha ha....I see I am doing well so far! Now I have a question. When was the last time you all measured yourselves?? Go stand against the wall and make your pencil mark, especially you Abe. Ha ha...just kidding with ya!

I will give this one a few days to see who else comes to visit, maybe before I reveal my height.

Rudee said...

You're very good. I'm between 5'6" and 5'7. Awesome guessing job. I used to love the age and weight guessing games at Cedar Point. I always won with the weight-sometimes the age.

Reader Wil said...

I don't know if you're right about my height, but I used to be 1.72 m, now I am 1.69m, so I have shrunk. I am not familiar to the foot and inches measurement. It's a nice guess! Thanks for your visit.Have a great day.

Brenda said...

Will,
I just looked up your height in feet. I think it is 5' 5", so I was pretty far off on yours.

I didn't guess very well on Abe, Wil, Rosita, Ann, but so far the others I didn't do so bad for not knowing and only trying to picture you in my mind.

Rudee....you crack me up when you say you are between 5' 6" and 5' 7". That is a WHOLE inch lady. If my memory serves me right, didn't you forgot how old you were once???? Ha ha...I think I read that on your blog about a year or so ago.

Well....my height is 5' 2 1/2". That is me measuring myself though. Maybe if went to the Dr. and they measured it would be different.

Patty said...

LOL, I wish, I have never been that tall anytime during my adult life. I was 5ft 1 1/2 inches when I married, now according to the doctor at my last physical I am 4 ft 10 1/2 inches. See what ole Arthur can do to you. My 9 year old granddaughter keeps saying, grandma, I'm as tall as you are, and she is almost. I was only 4ft. 11 in the 8th grade of school.

Sandy said...

Right on, good good!

Myra said...

Hey Brenda! Fun stuff! 8-)

You guessed 5'6". I wish! I am actually 5'8+1/2"...or, at least I used to be...

Wait! HA! I just measured myself! 5'8+3/4"...?... weird!?!

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever