Sunday, May 24, 2009

Next Time I Will Make It Harder....and some more flowers.

Well, my guessing game was too easy. You all nailed it, so next time I decide to do something like that, I will have to make it really hard. I guess I don't blog with any dummies...hahaha. I thought it would be hard to find Clifford, and I did some photo editing on the mold, but I guess they were both more obvious than I thought. I was very tired, and have been for a few weeks. Maybe a little more tired than usual. This time of year always brings about more outside work to do and I find the older I get, I just can't fly through all my chores like I did when I was younger. The inside work piles up also. I need to do a time management for myself so that I can fit everything into my daily life that I would like to accomplish. I have also been clumsy again. Yesterday I dropped a bar of soap on my foot and thought I broke a toe on the other foot. I had broken 3 toes not long ago, but I think it was the small bones, because I have not had to stop doing anything because of it. They swelled and turned black and blue and I still have pain. I told my husband I think I could trip over a four leaf clover and break something. I do go on and on sometimes, and leave anyone that reads my blog with an impression of me as a stumbling bumbling old broad, but actually I am not that bad. I just like to put my own spin on my stories.
However, if any of you happen to be passing through my area and see a wandering, hobbling woman that has a foggy memory, pull over and assist me please. When I forget to eat, which I do, every so often, my blood sugar must drop and I can not think properly. I did that the other day and had only a small bowl of cereal in the morning and then nothing until I had to take Clifford to the vet at 3 pm and since he had to go to a new vet, they asked me a million questions, and I had trouble answering most of them. One was "What kind of food does he eat?" I stammered and stumbled around trying to remember, and finally when the tech looked at me like "I must be talking to someone with some mental disability"....I had to confess to her that I had forgot to eat lunch and must be having a drop in sugar. They offered me a candy bar, but I declined, and managed to get more angry than faint. I had to wait in the office for 2 1/2 hours because they were so busy.....grrrrr. Life has its moments sometimes!



These flags have really multiplied in our back yard this year. I had to take a photo because they have never been this full. We may have to move a few later.


The hydrangea my daughter and son-in-law gave me for Mother's Day was successfully transplanted in a pot outside and has survived so far. I love love these, but have had some trouble growing them in the past. Our neighbor across the street has good luck with them. I think our soil has too much clay in it, so for now perhaps it will be okay in the pot.


These lilies come back every year in some pots we leave out over the winter. The stargazer lily at the beginning of this post was a gift from my husband that I transplanted out in a pot, but it does not look good right now at all. Because it is a bulb, I am hoping that it will recover, if not this year then next.



So, here is the picture of the weeping willow tree we had removed a few years back because of the ice storm. We have not taken the stump out and may not because of where it is located. I cropped a part of it for the guessing game and then over saturated it in Picasa. But I could not fool any of you! I actually liked the colors the saturation revealed.

And here is the close up of Clifford looking at me as I was outside the fence taking the other photos.

I think I may need to improve on my imagination somewhat. I try not to take myself too seriously but I would like to be a little more creative in the imagination area. How about you....are you creative?

8 comments:

Sandy said...

I was late for the guessing game. I hear ya, about low blood sugar and when that happens thinking straight, yup that happens to be too. I get so busy I forget to eat. Love your photos today and also the way you edited the mushrooms.

Rudee said...

Funny post. I don't think there's anything wrong with your mind, my dear. You seem as sharp and witty as ever. I think your Clifford is so darned cute. I hope he is feeling well.

Patty said...

That is one thing I have never forgotten to do, EAT. I always eat breakfast and if I'm working hard, I will sometimes put off eating lunch at the right time, but I do eat it finally. Around here the Mr likes his lunch at noon and supper/dinner at 5:30, breakfast we usually have around 8am.

Our doctor told Abe if he's out someplace and can't grab some food, eat a candy bar for a quick pick up, BUT make sure it's followed with a high protein meal.

Renie Burghardt said...

Brenda, I agree with Rudy, your mind is pretty sharp, but your soap must have led in it! Haha. Clifford is so cute. And I have to watch my blood sugar as well. Especially, because I am a diabetic.

Your flowers are so pretty. And I love the hydrangea as well.

We had rain today, and rain in the forecast for tomorrow, so my friends will have to bring their umrella's along for the cook out at the cabin. Haha. Enjoy your Memorial Day.

Huggies,

Renie

flydragon said...

Ha, If I end up passing through your area, and pull over to help, people would think we were twins;))

Betty F said...

I think I'll start mentioning blood sugar when I'm asked my name and have to think about it. :) I'd forget my dogs' names if I had to wait with them for 2 hours in a vet's office! I LOVE your flowers.

cat's momma said...

Really beautiful photos of your flowers! Stargazers are my favorite flower! Your garden looks so inviting!

Brenda said...

Thanks everyone for your comments and visits. Ha ha Flydragon we could be twins. I thought that was funny!

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever