Thursday, May 7, 2009

Treasured Memories



Now I know why I never want to take on these cleaning/organizing projects. I end up looking at all of the crap, I mean "treasured memories".....and still don't know what to do with it! The second picture is the messy sewing room that I am trying to organize. I thought I could best do that if I cleaned out a large closet in the hallway, that is full of books and all sorts of other treasures. Then I could fold up all my material and have it all neatly stacked in colors and types of fabrics. Wrong! What to keep and what to throw away......tough decisions! Like the carpet tape and other tapes, I found. I had to think....Why do I have carpet tape? I have never used carpet tape. Oh Yes, I have....it is for the two dollhouses I built and never finished, but now I have a grand daughter, maybe I will finish them and she may enjoy them. Save or throw away?


Then I found these dried flowers. At first I couldn't figure out why I had these. I am still not 100% sure where they came from, but I am going to guess that they are from my Mother's funeral. This being Mother's Day weekend how could I throw them out.


So for at least this weekend, they may stay on the piano for decor and as a memory of my Mom.





Next I found this puzzle map that I used to work with my son. He was so good at puzzles. I enjoy my memories of working this with him. And it is Mother's Day weekend ...so I should leave this out for decor and memories also..right?


Then I found this old Monopoly game that one of the kids wrote "Hi Mommy" on. Sorry I don't know which one did this. And the little hand prints. How can I throw these away? I think I was just meant to do this right before Mother's Day. I love being a Mom and now a Grandma. I think these were all a combination of presents that I just gave myself. Finding my Mom's treasures were icing on the cake. I am going to wear one of her jewelry items on Mother's Day that I found but didn't take a picture of yet. I think I have a couple to pass out for my daughter and granddaughter also. If I don't blog again for a few days....Have a Happy Mother's Day!

12 comments:

Rudee said...

So glad to hear you didn't kick the bucket while exercising. I can plainly see why you've been MIA though. It would appear you have your work cut out for you.

Have a great Mother's Day. I love that you kept those flowers, and clearly, they still mean a lot to you.

Delphine said...

Happy mothers day to you! here in France it was ages ago, funny how different countries have different dates. My advice is don't chuck anything! Whatever you decide to chuck will be the very next thing you will have found a use for! It is fun raking through discarded things isn't it and what memories they evoke!

Poetikat said...

What a sweet set of gifts to come across for Mother's Day. The roses are beautiful. I couldn't part with them either.

Kat

Gramma Ann said...

I remember having the map puzzle so the kids could learn where the states were located. That was a long time ago, since my oldest child is 50 and the youngest is 41. Oh well! it was a "Treasured Memory"

Betty Flocken said...

Oh these are treasures are perfect. No you can't throw your mom's flowers away. The handprints bring back memories to me also.. I made one that's around here somewhere and my kids made them too. You just need to find a place for them, they're all to precious to toss. Thanks for sharing these on your post. It's been fun

Sandy said...

This was FUN, seeing all your treasures. Ah yes, the carpet tape. That is the hardest part of cleaning things out, because how do you get rid of things you might need and paid good money for, haha.

loved seeing and reading the memories.

Myra said...

Memories.... It is hard to get rid of items that hold memories... best one can do when cleaning up and getting rid of clutter and things just taking up space is to take photos of them, create a memory book that takes up less space, and pass the goods on to someone that will make use of them...?...Easy to say, but not easy to do... I know!!!

Renie Burghardt said...

Oh, those are all nice treasures, attached with nice memories. Keep them all, Brenda, and Happy Mother's Day!

Hugs,

Renie

Katy said...

Sorry, I think those flowers are mine from at least 10 years ago. I had gotten my wisdom teeth out or something. haha.

I still have a flower from grandma's casket, though. It's red.

Brenda said...

Ha hahaha...Katy about the flowers....see what happens when you get old. Well, those flowers are really preserved and dried well, where ever they came from.


Thanks everyone else for your visit!

Winifred said...

Brenda you're exactly like me. I go throught the cupboards sort stuff out but I can't bear to throw it out. I just put it back.

Like Delphine, I guarantee just after I've thrown something out I need it!

Happy Mothers Day! Ours is long gone now.

Winifred said...

Oops forgot to say love your dolls houses. Whatever you do don't throw them out. I'm sure Maddie will love them.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever