Thursday, June 11, 2009

Ben Gay



Well, I don't know how or why it worked but it worked. Good old Ben Gay! I put this patch on my neck and it really gave me some relief. It made me remember what used to be in my Mother's doctor bag at home. She only had a few simple and inexpensive items but they seemed to do the trick.



As I thought about this I remembered I have many of these in my own cabinet. I don't remember using them all that much on my own children, but by the looks of these bottles they have been used. Mercurochrome was for cuts, Campho Phenique for mosquito bites, peroxide for open scraped knees to bubble and boil out the germs. And last but not least pepto bismol for stomach aches and bowel ailments. Oh yes alka seltzer, we still use also.


Now if they could just put the scent of lavender in these they would be even better.

Several errands to run and hopefully some lawn mowing to do if the rain holds off, so I am off about my day for now. I hope to remember or have time to do a post about The Fugitive movie I watched last night. Too long of a tale for now.

6 comments:

bettyjf1 said...

Oh I'm glad your neck is better. That's just awful when your neck hurts. Have a great week.

Gramma Ann said...

I too am glad you have some relief from the neck pain. My husband rubs ben gay and some other stuff on his knee some of the time. He claims it helps some also. He just got a shot of some kind in his knee a few weeks ago. It wasn't cortizone or whatever they use to shoot in the joints, it is some kind of new stuff. He has had it before and it helps the pain some.

Have a wonderful pain free week-end.

Patty said...

Glad you got some relief. I did grocery shopping this morning, fixed a bite of lunch (left overs) did up the brekfast and lunch dishes and then went out and mowed the backyard since the rain had let up. We've had storms every morning this week. Yesterday we ended up getting three inches today we got one inch.

Don't overdo things since the neck is feeling better.

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Brenda,

Eileen swears by the stuff! I mean, Bengay, of course. She uses it so much, I told her to buy stock in the company. LOl.

I have Peroxide and use it for scrapes all the time. And out here in the boonies, scrapes and cuts are frequent occurances.

I'm glad your neck feels better. Have a great rest of the week.

Huggies,

Renie

Brenda said...

Betty,
Thanks! You too.

Ann,
Thanks! I think I got one of those cortisone shots in my tendon one time, in my ankle. It did help.

Patty,
Isn't retirement fun! Never a dull moment!

Renie,
Ha ha....I may buy stock in it also, if it keeps helping. Have a great weekend!

Myra said...

Glad you are finding some relief from the pain in your neck Brenda... Good old Bengay! 8-)

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever