Friday, June 5, 2009

A Drive Through The City

Last Sunday we went in to the city to attend Mass at the Basilica. I wasn't able to get any good photos of the inside or outside of the church, but someday I would like to. If you are interested at all in architecture and designs you would want to tour this church. For now I will just show a few houses I was able to snap a photo of as we were driving back. Oh almost forgot the first photo was the beautiful skies that day. Last weekend was a really good weekend to lie in the grass and stare at the clouds here in St. Louis. One of my favorite things to do when I was a child.

This is the entry to the Basilica. This one turned out okay.


This is part of Washington University, I think....


These next pictures are just homes on the street as we were leaving.


I was surprised these came out clear, because we were probably driving about 40 mph.







I liked that these are all brick. We need brick houses in St. Louis with our weather.

10 comments:

Rudee said...

Those homes are amazing. I always tour churches while on vacation, it's one of my favorite things to do.

Winifred said...

What wonderful photos you take. I love the entrance to the basilica, very striking. Lovely houses too.

Like Rudee I like going into churches when I visit places. I took some photos with my husband's camera on holiday recently and unfortunately lots of them are really poor and I don't know why. It's a better camera than mine but I've had problems with the batteries on mine so I didn't take it. Think I'll have to sort the problems out!

Renie Burghardt said...

I love your sky picture, Brenda, and the Basilica is beautiful1 So are the lovely homes on your route. If I ever get to St. Louis again, I will have to visit the Basilica!

I enjoyed the pictures. Happy weekend!

Huggies,

Renie

betty said...

These are beautiful buildings and beautiful photos

Raph G. Neckmann said...

Lovely photos! I like the University building - the brickwork looks an interesting texture and pattern.

I like to lie in the sun and watch the clouds too!

Thank you for visiting my world and following my blog!

Sandy said...

wow, I love these pics! Great houses and beautiful church.

BJ said...

The entrance to the Basilica is just beautiful! I would love to visit there. They restored the Basilica in Baltimore....I haven't seen it yet. But Kelli was confirmed there in the Fall of 2002. It was gorgeous then. I want to go there soon.

The pics are great! The homes are huge! Can you imagine living in one of those? I can dream.....

Brenda said...

Rudee,
This church is supposed to be one of a kind. Maybe someday I will do a blog post about it.

Winifred,
Oh no I was looking forward to seeing some pictures from your holiday. I hope some turned out.

Renie,
If you make it to St Louis I hope you look me up. I would be happy to take you out and about.

Betty,
Thanks!

Ralph,
Thanks for your visit. I will get back over to your blog soon.

Sandy,
Hi....I found Ralph over at your place. He has a funny blog.

BJ,
Those houses are pretty large, not as large as a lot of homes we have here, but I would have to have a maid and lawn help, etc. etc. to really want to live there.

Gramma Ann said...

I agree with the rest the houses are lovely...And your Sky and Cloud pictures is lovely as well.

I don't know if you ever visited "My Reading Corner" blog, but I deleted it today. It is no more. ;))

Myra said...

Awesome buildings Brenda! Thanks for showing them! 8-)

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever