Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Inner Simplicity

I went outside this morning and took a few pictures of the remaining lilies that we have blooming. This one turned out okay. I think it spoke to me because it stood out amongst a messy area we have behind the fence. We are getting some bids on some work being done around the house. This particular area is one of them. A couple of trees removed, a stump from a large willow tree removed, and some filling in of ground that has been washed out. We are also having some repairs done on the inside. I am not sure if this has anything to do with my "tiredness" the past couple of days or not. I will not be the one doing the labor, so I can't imagine that being it. It could be that I am just looking forward to a little vacation that we will go on next week. When my mind and body become too tired I have to turn inward, and stay in a nice peaceful contemplative state. It is my re-fueling that I need to keep going.
Our weather has been wonderful, even though it has been hot. I have been able to get out and swim for at least 30 minutes each day and it is like heaven to me. Today I woke up so tired, for no reason that I could think of. I plan on doing some more volunteer work later today and then will get to be with my grand baby the next 2 days. My knitting is still about 12 inches away from being finished. I thought I was close to being finished about a week ago, but I just measured it last night and still have a ways to go.
Do you ever have days when you know you have a million things you should be doing, but all you want to do is stare out into space. That is me today......

6 comments:

Patty said...

Just remember, if you continue to feel tired, don't brush it off as getting older, or thinking about the work that has to be done. Go to the doctor and have a check-up. A lot of strange things can be going on. I don't know your age, but when I was going through the change, some days I could barely drag around. Doctor wanted to put me on hormones, but I said no, since my only sister died from breast cancer when she was only 42. I also found out when I was around 30, and falling asleep all the time, my thyroid wasn't working, as soon as I started doctoring for that, I couldn't believe how much better I felt. So sometimes it's something very simple they can find from a blood test. Good luck with the outside and inside repairs and work that need to be done.

Winifred said...

Good advice Patty. I had that problem and I just blamed work. Went on 'til I nearly dropped before I went to the doctors and had the diagnosis.

Best of luck with your work on the house Brenda, sometimes just the thought of what we need to do to our house over the next year exhausts me.

There's nothing wrong with a little staring. It's very therapeutic.

I love this poem, Leisure.

What is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.

No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.

No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.

No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.

Renie Burghardt said...

Your Day Lily is lovely, Brenda. My orange Day Lilies are done, but the beautiful yellow ones are just starting. I love them and took some pictures as well.

Our weather has been sunny, but extremely hot, mid-90s all week. That in itself makes me tired! Hot weather can really make one feel listless, even though you can jump in the pool and swim.

I know you'll enjoy your trip to Hot Springs.

Hope you'll be having lots of energy soon, and just watching Maddie will perk you up, I'm sure. Have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,

Renie

PS. I like Winifred's poem.

Gramma Ann said...

Patty good advice. I get my thyroid checked each year. Thyroid problems run in my family. So far it hasn't affected me. But, as Patty said, years ago when I was having problems, the first thing the doctor did was check my thyroid, to make sure that was not what was causing my problems.

Also, humidity knocks me for a loop. I don't feel well, but am not what you would call sick. I felt so bad one year I went to the doctor to see what was wrong and he explained to me that humidity causes some people to feel sick, like I was experiencing. He said lets wait a week or two after the humidity goes away and then see if you feel better, if not come back and we'll see what we can find out. Well, sure enough when the humid weather went away so did my feel bad feeling. Funny how our bodies react to the weather. In the winter I get S.A.D. but when spring comes it gets better. I hope you will soon be feeling better and the vacation will help.

Have fun with Maddy and become a kid again. ;)

bettyjf1 said...

Oh Brenda I so understand, staring off into space when there are a million things to do. Your fatigue could be a problem though, have you had your thyroid checked?

Sandy said...

Yes ALL THE TIME! Right now I just want to stare into space. Right now I can't wait to see my new grandson but I DREAD hitting the road again and being away....I just want to stare into space.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever