Tuesday, June 16, 2009

We Need A Break.....


We have had a little too much rain so far this spring. The photo above is in an area of St. Louis that I can't remember ever having flood problems before. Last spring we had flooding also, and large trees were falling over because of the ground being so soft and not being able to support their weight. So far this season I haven't heard of anything like that happening. But then again I have not been watching the news on a daily basis.



This photo is a sad story because the developer of this subdivision did not install the proper drainage systems, and you can see the results. I heard on the news that these people have been waiting for at least 3 0r 4 years to get this issue resolved. Whenever it rains like it has been it takes days for the water to get out of the street. They have been getting the run around about who is responsible for the problem and how it is going to get taken care of. What a mess! I just read more about this and it just makes me wonder why anything would have to take this long to get resolved. I am not so sure I would have that much patience if I were the owner of one of these homes.

This is our pool that I have only gotten to swim in once so far. Rain rain go away.......come back again on an August day.

7 comments:

Rudee said...

It would seem to me that the city must have had a civil engineer sign off on those subdivision plans. Disgusting. How sad for those homeowners who made the investment but seemingly threw away their money.

We've had one rainy day, one nice day, one rainy day, one nice day. It's impossible to plan anything. And the mosquitos are the size of pterodactyls. Nice...Not.

Brenda said...

Rudee,
This story did capture my attention yesterday because you scratch your head and wonder why this would have happened. I went back and pasted a link to the story on the word story, if you have time to read it.

Jo said...

Omigosh, and I thought Vancouver was wet. We haven't had any rain for three weeks, and the forest fire alert is at its highest right now, with several fires burning.

I have a friend who lives in Iowa, and he says it hasn't stopped raining there either.

I love your pool! Can I come over for a swim? :-)

BTW, can the homeowners sue the developers? I would think that would be a health hazard, if nothing else!

Renie Burghardt said...

Boy, I sure wouldn't be a happy camper, if I was one of those home owners! What a shame it's taking so long to fix the problem.

The weather has been the same around here. Rain, and more rain almost daily since April. I don't have a pool, but the river is way too high to swim in or even jet ski in. So we go to the cabin for cook outs, but no water fun so far this year. Yesterday, we were even under a tornado warning1 Today, it poured until around noon, then the sun came out and it's been beautiful since. The forecast promises drier weather for the rest of the week, and hotter as well. The rain has kept the 90s away, but they'll be here by tomorrow. Of course, that won't stop me from going to the Chinese Buffet tomorrow. LOL.

Hope your rains have moved out, Brenda and you guys will have a nice and dry week, too.

Hugs,

Renie

Brenda said...

Jo,
Yes it is a health hazard because the kids play in it...not sure why parents would allow them to. The story is baffling as to why it has taken this long to take care of it. Somebody should have to be held responsible. The story makes it sound like the city and the developer did not do their jobs properly.
Sure you could come swim! If you are in the area just email me, and I'll give you my number.

Renie,
Hopefully the hotter weather will dry some of this water up, and you can get out on the river.
We looked forward to the outdoors all winter. It sure would be nice to be able to get out and about.
Hugs to you too!

Sandy said...

Wow, that is a lot of rain, poor homeowners.... We finally have sun. I hope you can swim more, that'll keep you young...

Myra said...

Oh my goodness! That is a problem for those poor residents there!
I hope the sun shines soon and long for you all down there...

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever