Friday, July 10, 2009

Dinner Boat Cruise

Instead of renting a boat this year we decided to just take a dinner cruise.
It was well worth it. We love to drive small boats and cruise around a beautiful lake,
but this year I was glad we chose to just kick back and let someone else do the driving.


We observed lots and I do mean LOTS of very friendly boaters. Being the fourth of July weekend the lake was pretty crowded. Many of the boaters were going a wee bit tooooo fast and I am sure loads of booze were being consumed. One boat full of guys mooned us. We kind of had a feeling it was coming. I didn't have my camera ready for that one.


The homes on the lake were fun to observe.



Most of them were very large and beautiful.


This one was especially interesting. I could not get a very clear photo, but the owners...or whom ever was staying there didn't seem to mind having a photo taken.
They waved at us.
I took several shots of this one,
but I doubt even if you click on it to enlarge it you could make out much.
The 2 dark dots at the top of the stairs are people in a pool or very large hot tub.
This house was a monster large beautifully designed home.

So was this one.

And this one.


And this one.
Our vacation was very relaxing
and I am ready to plan another one asap.

9 comments:

Gramma Ann said...

Oh! I love dinner cruises... the views of the homes were lovely. I'm glad you had such a wonderful vacation. I hope you have a wonderful week-end as well.

Poetikat said...

This reminds me so much of the boats on the Muskoka lakes in Northern Ontario. We went on a cruise one the "Wenonah" for my sister-in-law's birthday a couple of summers ago. We didn't have dinner, but we did have a nice luncheon.

Kat

Renie Burghardt said...

Oh, a dinner cruise. How romantic, Brenda! And those homes are gorgeous! Where was this, Brenda? You don't say.

Boaters definately go crazy on the 4th. Here, on the Current River, near town, where there is public access, two people were killed on the 5th, when two boats collided. Of course, alcohol had been involved.

I'm just glad the cabin is 15 miles from town, and on the Arkansas side of the river, where things are more quiet and peaceful.

Anyway, your pictures are gorgeous, and sounds like you had a wonderful time. Have a fun weekend!

Hugs,

Renie

Patty said...

Can you imagine the taxes and upkeep on those large homes?

Rudee said...

I would love a house like that. And staff. Lots of staff to keep it clean. And one cute pool boy to bring me mojitos and bon bons. Is that asking too much?

Brenda said...

Ann,
That was our first dinner cruise. Once we went on a train dinner ride that was fun.

Kat,
Hope you saved some photos of the trip you had. I would love to see them. I enjoy seeing photos of areas in the world that I may never get to see.

Renie,
We were on Lake Hamilton. It was funny when I made the reservations I had no idea that Hot Springs had mountains or lakes. The resort said you could get a lake view or mountain view. Turns out our view was not all that good and the hotel was just ok. If I did it again I would choose a different hotel or condo. If wasn't bad just not worth what they charged, I thought.

Patty,
It was just a nice observation from our view. I can't even imagine what they cost. Far more than I would have.

Rudee,
I would have to have a maid and paid help also. Otherwise it would never get done. That is way too much to keep up. Wouldn't it be nice to have people help you keep it all up and you could just enjoy it all. I am dreaming!

Sandy said...

I loved seeing the homes. I enlarged them and wow, I'd take any one of them to live in. What a fun day this must have been.

Winifred said...

Those houses look fabulous Brenda. That dinner cruise sounds a really nice idea.

bettyjf1 said...

Sounds like a wonderful cruise. The homes are beautiful.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever