Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Knitting Updates



I know this is really pathetic but I had no one else to pose for the shawl but Mickey Mouse. This is the prayer shawl I made.

It is not 100 % finished yet, so I have no immediate plans to donate it to anyone. I need to fix a couple of my goofs.






Here is the beginning of my next project. A baby blanket that has blocks that you join or sew together like a quilt. It is simple with just a stockinette stitch, but when it is blocked and joined together it gives it a quilt sort of look. I love working with this yarn. It is alpaca, but I don't know enough about yarns yet to understand why it is only 30% alpaca and 70% acrylic. The yarn for the prayer shawl was called homespun and was 98% acrylic and 2 % polyester. I did not like working with that yarn at all. It separates and is easy to miss all of the yarn in the needle while you knit. I am pretty sure I have a book around here somewhere that explains the different yarns. Just have to find it.




This book is on loan from the library, so I may need to make copies of the pattern. I have already renewed it twice. I do like the book though so I may end up looking for it on Amazon.




I also have the little rag that goes over the swifter going. That is only supposed to take an hour to make, so hopefully it will get done quickly and then I can try it out and see how it works.

7 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Brenda,

Your prayer shawl looks very pretty, and your next project will surely be enjoyed by your precious little Maddie.

Hope the swiffer rag will work!

Have a great day.

Hugs,

Renie

Patty said...

I have tried to do the knitting thing, can't quite grasp the whole idea, or rather using two needles. LOL Crocheting is a lot easier for me. I haven't even been doing that lately.

Perhaps after my eye surgery I'll enjoy it again.

Rudee said...

I love your model, and your shawl. The colors are beautiful. I think the baby blanket will be beautiful.

I wish I had a baby to knit for...

Reader Wil said...

How clever you are Brenda! I had to get a certificate for needlework, but I hated it and thought that it was unfair that
the female teachers had to do this examination and got less paid than the male teachers, who didn't have to teach needlework.

Sandy said...

The prayer shawl is beautiful! And your other project looks like a good one to get involved in...

Poetikat said...

I think the prayer shawl is lovely! I can't see any goofs.

Mickey looks pretty happy too.

Kat

bettyjf1 said...

The prayer shawl is beautiful! I'm tempted to try knitting when I see the projects you and Rudee do. Truly beautiful

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever