Saturday, July 4, 2009

Oh Beautiful America......



Our drive to get to Hot Springs was very beautiful!
Arkansas is so hilly and has so many more mountains than I remember.
As we drove on what seemed like a roller coaster ride,
sometimes the scenery
was very hard to capture on camera.
I hope that what I have captured tells some of our story.

I love wide open spaces
and country drives
and this brought about so much of a reflection about life for us.
We had a wonderful time
just talking and enjoying the scenery.
An old piece of farming equipment brought back memories
of the farm I grew up on.
Someday I will try to recreate my memories
(maybe in a drawing)
of the buildings
we had that housed the farm equipment.




Miles and miles to go...........

Bales of hay
We saw pretty horses
But I was not quick enough with the camera.



Finally we arrived in Hot Springs
and the first thing we did was
to go for a long walk through
Garvan Gardens.








Look what I found!
A beautiful quartz rock.
Still trying to decide if we want to go gem digging.


Have a safe and Happy Fourth of July!

9 comments:

Rudee said...

Have a wonderful time! What better way is there to spend the 4th, than by seeing this country? THe photos are beautiful.

Gramma Ann said...

The photos are lovely, you did a wonderful job of capturing the beauty of the drive to Arkansas.

And that nature walk through the garden was to beautiful for words. Oh well the pictures speak for themselves.

Renie Burghardt said...

Enjoy all the beauty! Hot Springs is fantastic. If you go gem hunting, hope you find a diamond!

I'm going back to the cabin soon, to watch fireworks.

Happy 4th, Brenda!

Hugs,

Renie

PS. The gravel road I live on is also like a roller coaster. Scary in the winter.

PhilipH said...

Some lovely photographs. I have always had a passion for bridges over a stream or river. The older the better.

I used to go rowing on a large pond in Wandle Park, Croydon and drifting lazily under each of the wooden bridges I loved the way the water reflected on the underside of the bridge. So peaceful.

Regards, Phil

bettyjf1 said...

BEAUTIFUL photos BEAUTIFUL Countryside! Hot Springs Ar??? I think there is a place near there - a Hermitage where the Brothers and Sisters of Charity are. John Michael Talbot is one of my favorite singers. He's the leader there. a Monk I have so many of those albums.. Hope your having a wonderful trip!

Poetikat said...

Quite a lot of your photos look so similar to my home province of Ontario.
I hope you had a wonderful Fourth of July, Brenda.

Kat

Myra said...

You take the most awesome photos Brenda! Love that bridge!!! 8-)

Rositta said...

That is some gorgeous countryside, wow. I've always wanted to do a road trip from Toronto to California. Some day...ciao

Sandy said...

Wow, wow, these are some gorgeous photos. What beautiful scenery you had to drive through, spectacular. Sounds like you had a great and restful time. Welcome home. We just got back late yesterday and now I'll be home for awhile and can get up to par on visiting blogs and blogging myself.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever