Monday, July 27, 2009

What Is Going On With Hollywood????



I wanted to watch some movies while I knitted the other night and scanned the movies on the new release wall. I quickly picked out the CODE because I like Morgan Freeman. What a disappointment. Not the thriller I thought it would be. I am also really tired of seeing people naked in movies....and doing the humpty dumpty.


While The Reader was a better movie than the CODE, I was also disappointed with the nudity and sex scenes. I thought being naked was against the law. I am pretty sure that if I get in the car and go shopping at the grocery store naked, I would get arrested. And kicked out of my family...ha! And most likely land myself in the looney bin. I really am not that much of a prude because I don't think naked bodies are offensive. When displayed as an art form in a drawing, painting or sculpture, I think it is attractive. I just don't enjoy watching a movie that is so revealing.... of what I feel is a private thing. I think from now on I may have to investigate a little more before I go out and rent a movie.
If Hollywood keeps this up, we will eventually know what they all look like naked, and not because most of us want to. Come on Hollywood...I like a little mystery left to my own imagination. An example of what I mean is a scene from Gone With The Wind when Rhett carries Scarlett upstairs. We know what happened...but we didn't have to watch them naked doing it. Okay so after all this discussion I am having with myself...I have to admit....I am a prude!

4 comments:

Rudee said...

It doesn't bother me, but I've no need to look at it either. I much prefer a good book to having it all spelled out for me on screen. I've not seen either of those movies but I might still look at them so I can offer forth a more informed opinion. Who was naked in the Code? If it was Antonio, perhaps I'll rent it tonight. Hah.

Gramma Ann said...

I agree, I don't much like movies now a days. I don't even consider watching a movie if it is "R" rated. I hate violence, and all the guts and blood and the "humpty dumpty". When I watch a movie I want to be entertained, not scared out of my wits. Or watch heavy breathing, etc. Call me a prude, I don't care.

Sandy said...

Off topic a little but finally watched a movie which was recent and just out on DVD I think. "Knowing" with Nicholas Cage. Kind of corny in places and such but I spent an enjoyable two hours doing something other than doing pretty much nothing.

Haven't seen much nudity in movies because I rarely watch any.

bettyjf1 said...

I guess I don't see enough movies anymore. I thought there was less nudity these days.. Except for the adolescent comedies my husband likes to watch.. :) I saw Knowing too and it was a little corny but pretty watchable.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever