Thursday, August 20, 2009

Day One....

Why did I wait so long to do this yoga tape??? This is the one I have.... not the one I showed in the previous post. It is about as simple to do as any thing could be.....as far as yoga and exercise go. However....I had some trouble doing it. I really have forgotten how long it has been. I have a long road ahead to repair some tight muscles and some weak ones. My neck muscles are really tight and painful. My back has some pain in the lower area because my stomach muscles are so weak. I found that I was unable to do things that I had no problem doing....whenever it was that I last did this tape. I will persevere though, because it really did feel great to do this!!!



This is my diet menu that I plan on keeping on my refrigerator to remind myself to eat these things everyday. It seems like a lot of food to me, and I may not be able to eat this much. As long as I get into a mental habit of checking off these throughout my day..it will become a way of life for me. I need lists. I can not remember things without them. I really do forget to eat some days and then get weak at around 3 pm.

I may be doing these boring posts for a little while to just keep myself on track.

12 comments:

Reader Wil said...

It looks like a day's job! I only stick to my three meals a day and that's difficult enough to remember!LOL. Oh, yes and of course my cuppa!

Renie Burghardt said...

Sounds like a pretty good plan, Brenda. Good luck with it!

I'm going flea marketing today, then a light lunch, then a good walk along the river trail. Beautiful day for it, too, with our sunny and cooler forecast.

Happy dieting and happy weekend!

Hugs,

Renie

Patty said...

Good luck with the exercise/yoga program. I'm afraid once I got down on the floor, I wouldn't be able to get back up. LOL Hope you have a nice week-end ahead of you.

PhilipH said...

Wish you well in your determination to win the battle of the bulge.

Take it steady on the yoga; don't tie yourself into a knot or strain a ligament etc.

Regards, Phil

Abraham Lincoln said...

Nice post. I enjoyed it.

Betty F said...

NOT boring. Something I should do too. Maybe this will inspire me? :) I gained 6 pounds out of town!

P.S. I'm having trouble getting my word press i.d. to work too.. I think it's word press not your computer.. Congrats on your new computer

bettyjf1 said...

NOT boring. Something I should do too. Maybe this will inspire me? :) I gained 6 pounds out of town!

Rudee said...

Go Brenda!!

Since I moved, I have no idea where my yoga dvds and mat have gone.

Winifred said...

How do you forget to eat Brenda? Give me some tips please.

I tried Yoga on my grandson's Wii Fit and it was quite good. I'm not going to buy one though. I'll stick to swimming!

I used to love walking when the children were young especially when they were in the pram. I'd walk miles. That was before I went back to work and learned to drive. Fatal! Best of luck with your healthy eating campaign. I never say diet.

Myra said...

Good for you Brenda! Good eating and some exercise...
A life style change! Something I should be strongly considering for myself... Perhaps I shall watch you for a while and think on it... No presure! lol!!! 8-) I have always wanted to try yoga... so the yoga tape you have would be good for beginners?
Time Traveler's Wife - I will really have to put that one on the list to go and see... Would you recommend reading the book first?
Hope you are having a great weekend!

Sandy said...

I noticed my almost favorite thing on your list "tilapia"...good for you doing a session of this.

Gramma Ann said...

It looks like a great menu. I find it isn't that I can't eat to loose weight. I think I'm just lazy when it comes to thinking up the menus. I need to make up my menu each day, so I'm not thinking food all day. Then I just go look to see what I am having for each meal and fix it. But, that is just me and the way I do things. Hee, hee.

Have a great day.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever