Friday, August 28, 2009

Nice Day Today....

Bob is the Director of a Golf Tournament for charity once a year and I help out by picking up the trophies, signs and just helping in any way I can. On the day of the tournament I sit nearby a hole to verify if someone gets a hole in one. The last time I did this I sat with others and we passed the time with conversation. This year I was by myself, so I took in the beauty of nature and recalled a few of the simple things I used to do when I was a young girl.



Like playing hide and seek...behind trees.



Looking for a four leaf clover.



Spying on people.




Watching a red tail squirrel.
I really did pay attention to the golfers also.
And I also called at least 5 people on my cell phone.
Pleasant day...doing simple things...and catching up with some friends I hadn't talk to for awhile.
May try to plan a trip to Arizona to see my friend whom I have known for 25 years.
If I can find several hundred dollars lying around somewhere that is.



7 comments:

Gramma Ann said...

It looks and sounds like you had a very nice quiet and relaxing day.

Sorry, all my extra money is going into the rental house, we just bought. hee, hee.

Rudee said...

If I won the lottery tonight, I'll buy your ticket and maybe I'll join you. It's freaking freezing here!

I have never seen a red tailed squirrel. This one was pretty.

PhilipH said...

Lovely relaxing post, and great photos.

I've just sent you $1000 by airmail. Pay me back when you can; interest rate a friendly 25% (per day) and there's no rush to settle up. Hope you enjoy your sojourn with your friend. Don't let the mounting interest bother you. It's only money, innit?

Patty said...

Sounds like you are one lady that knows how to entertain herself. Good for you. Some people would have been bored out of their skulls.

The Bug said...

Love the picture of the four leaf clover! That used to be my favorite pasttime back when I was young - I kept them in my Bible...

Renie Burghardt said...

Oh, I love the setting of that golf course. And the squirrel is so cute. Sounds like you had a pleasant day. Did anyone actually hit a hole in one?

Our weather has been phenomenal here and I spent the day at the cabin and on the river with a couple of friends.

Beautiful pictures. With all the clover growing around here, I have never found a four leaf clover.

Hope you find that extra dough so you can take a trip to visit your old friends.

Have a wonderful Sunday.

Hugs,

Renie

Sandy said...

It all sounds relaxing and great thing to do, calling old friends to while away the time. Love the shots and the squirrel.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever