Sunday, August 2, 2009

One of Renie's Stories




Just a quick journal update and to give a shout out to my blogging buddy Renie. I finally made it to the bookstore to purchase this book with one of her stories in it. Several months ago she had an article in a magazine that I also bought. I really enjoy your stories Renie and I am glad that you decided to become a writer. Now I am wondering if your Grandmother loved to knit, did she teach you? I can't remember you ever talking about it on your blog, so I was just curious.

I have been pretty busy lately with this and that. I think my blogging posts will suffer some from lack of time or perhaps a lack of effort to make the time...to do more than one or two posts a week for awhile. I may get a little slow with catching up with all of your blogs also. So I apologize for that. If I have some sleepless nights, that will be when I get on the blogs, and possibly think of something creative to share here.

I did not sleep well this past week and I really don't like that! My mind just does not function well at all. I think I am going to try to do yoga and maybe take a zen meditating class at the community college. It sounded like it could help me get a good nights sleep.

Our weather had been the best that I can remember in years! Nothing to complain about or talk about in that regards, other than to say to everyone..."Hasn't the weather been beautiful!" I think people say that a lot in California, Florida and Arizona, but rarely here in the Midwest.
Have a great day and if you get the chance to get to a bookstore, hope you pick up this book with Renie's story in it.

7 comments:

Gramma Ann said...

I will look for the book next time I'm at Barnes and Nobles. I am thinking of taking a break from blogging also. I have so much catching up in my personal reading and other things also. I hope you find help for your insomnia, it is no fun at all. I've been doing better the last few days. One day last week I forgot to eat supper and I think that was what triggered the insomnia that night. I have been trying to remember what I ate or did differently that may have caused me to have insomnia on certain nights. I am fortunate in that I don't have it every night, only one or two nights a week.

Have a splendid week and enjoy catching up with whatever you decide to do.

Renie Burghardt said...

HI Brenda,

Aww, thanks so much for the mention. How sweet of you. Chicken Soup Publicist got in touch with our local paper and they did a big front page thing, and well, I can't even go to town without people stopping me now, and I have received party and lunch invitations as well. I would rather be anonymous around here! They did this a couple of years ago on another book and I ended up on live TV from Jonesboro, Ark!

Hope the insomnia eases. I think the older one gets, the less well one sleeps. It's just a fact of life, I think, but then again, you're not that old.

Greg is here and we're heading to the cabin soon. Have a great day, and thanks again.

Huggies,

Renie

Patty said...

Our weather has been very nice also. Today at noon it's only 75 and a nice breeze.

I love Renie's stories. I've also bought several things, including a Romance magazine (LOL) that had a short story in it. She's a great story teller.

Reader Wil said...

I shall try and find this book! I have other Chicken Soup books, but I should like to read Renie's stories! Thanks for writing this post!

Rudee said...

I'll have to check out the book.

I'm still waiting for summer to happen in Detroit. Rain, gloom, a very little sun. It's depressing.

Sandy said...

That's great about the book and Renie's writing in it!!

I so understand about your blogging being more infrequent. Seems like it is a "bug" of some type and I caught it too...I can't think of a thing that would be of interest to anybody else, to write about...so it pretty much just sits there.

bettyjf1 said...

LOL Brenda, we don't say that in AZ during the summer. Only going to reach 104 today and THAT is great; 1st day without excessive heat warning 110+ in weeks. Glad your summer has been beautiful

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever