Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Time Traveler's Wife




Bravo...Bravo!!! Hands are clapping here with a standing ovation. My daughter and I went to see "The Time Traveler's Wife" last night and... can you tell.... I liked it....a lot! Having read the book about 2 years ago, I had forgotten some of it, so my expectations were not real high. I remember loving the book and passing it on my daughter but I thought it was one of those books that could never be made into a movie. It has a magical style about it that I just couldn't see being put on film. I was very wrong. The movie was every bit as good as the book. I really do hope it wins some awards. I was not familiar with the main actress or actor and I think that was a very wise move on whomever makes those decisions. As much as I like Dan Brown's books that were made into movies, the casting was not right at all, in my opinion. I love Tom Hanks, but he was not right for his role in "Angels and Demons" and "The Da Vinci Code".
When this movie comes out on video, I will be watching it again. Loved it!

6 comments:

Rudee said...

I didn't read the book. I picked up the book Julie and Julia because I'd like to read it before I see the movie, but man is it wordy. I read one paragraph and wake up hours later. Hopefully it'll get better. If not, I think I may be out of reading material that interests me.

Maybe I'll get The Time Traveler's Wife.

PhilipH said...

I bought the book on Friday! Had good reviews on Amazon (over 900 to choose from!) so I decided to buy it.

Supposed to be a tad confusing in parts, but I'll have to read it soon as the basic theme certainly appeals to me.

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Brenda,

I have read the book and like you, loved it. But I haven't seen the movie yet. The nearest movie theater is 50 miles away, so it requires some effort and time. And we spend most of our free time either eating out and shopping (haha) or at the cabin on the river. But I do want to see it now that you've given it such a good review.

I hope your Sunday has been nice.

Hugs,

Renie

Sandy said...

Ohhhh sounds like a winner. I'll have to see it!!

Gramma Ann said...

Well, I will have to wait until it comes out on DVD. Then I will get it and watch it. Since your review is such a positive one I can't wait.

I am slowing down on my blogging and commenting. I have been spending way to much time on my computer and neglecting other things I like to do. So will only be posting and visiting about once or twice a week. I hope you understand. Until then, have a great week.

Ann

Reader Wil said...

I've just started reading "Angels and Demons". It's pretty scary isn't it?! Every chapter ends in a cliffhanger, so you must go on reading! I also read "the Da Vinci Code". Also thrilling and spellbinding(I don't know if this is a good English word, but you know what I mean)

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever