Tuesday, September 29, 2009

All Dried Up



My blog has been pretty dried up the past few months.  Either I don't have time or don't have anything creative to share on my journal.  Maybe this will just be a ramble post.  I haven't been sleeping all that well half of the time so I rarely feel well during the day.  I do however manage to accomplish the usual activites and to keep going.  I don't feel particularly "inspired" to do much.  I did start making Maddie a chair out of some material I already had but needed one more yard to start sewing it.  I spent too much time going around to the few fabric stores we have left here looking for what I needed and had no luck.  You know the old saying...."Measure twice, cut once"...or "If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when will you have time to do it over".  I should have remembered those sayings when I went to dive into the project.  It is not that big of a deal really to just start over with the right amount of material, but I became a little obsessed with trying to find the rest of the cordoroy.  I want to maybe start an etsy shop selling baby and toddler items, handmade of course.  I may not make much at first but at least I can give it a twirl.
I missed Dancing with the Stars last night because I had to go to an Auxiliary meeting.  Maybe I can find it online somewhere or anyone reading this can tell me what happened.

8 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

My blog has pretty well dried up as well, although I finally have some enthusiasm to post something in the next day or so. The weather has beem so beautiful, I am usually out doing something else.

I also have the hardest time getting your blog. I guess it's just too graphic heavy for my IE 7 to handle. I'm surprised it got it today, although it took over 15 minutes to actually open your page.

I'm sure you'll get the chair for Maddie done, soon. And what a neat idea to make hand made baby things to sell. They will probably do well.

I saw Dancing last night. It was quite good. I don't know if you have a favorite or not, and I probably don't remember their names anyway, except for Donny Osmond! Haha. He did quite well.

Have a great rest of the week, Brenda.

Hugs,

Renie

Patty said...

I've been home from the eye doctor about two hours, but still can't see that well with or without the glasses. They diluted my eyes and for some reason it's worse now then when I was at the doctor's office. Will be back later to read your blog for today, my good eye can't read it and the bad eye is seeing double. And the glasses aren't helping right now.

I see you changed your photo at the top. I like it.

Patty said...

Whoops, I meant dilated my eyes. Well the way they feel, I think they did dilute them. LOL

Rudee said...

I hope Patty's eyes reconstitute.

I think an etsy shop would be wonderful for you!

I know how you feel about the blog, too. Sometimes I'm just too tired to keep up with it all. I hope you don't stop blogging though, because even if you don't say anything much, I'm still entertained by what you do manage to pound out.

Sandy said...

I'm with you, not inspired to blog much and it's been like that basically all summer long and thought I would finally get in the mood but had to force myself to post photos from our trip.

I hope you show us Maddie's chair when you are done.

and good idea about Etsy, who knows, could be some good money in it.

Myra said...

I haven't been blogging/visiting much either Brenda... S__t happens! 8-)
I get caught in that "measure twice, cut once" dilemma at times too... Drats hey!?!
Go for starting an "etsy shop" adventure. I'd be interested in following your experience with it! 8-)
Have a good day!

Gramma Ann said...

I guess it sounds like we are all in a blogging slow down. I know I have been. And I am thinking of giving it up for a while and move on to something else. I have nothing to say or share, and like you, my sleep pattern is up and down. Drives me crazy, plus this week I have a head cold, which makes sleeping very difficult. I, like someone else hope you will post a picture of the chair for Maddy.

I haven't been watching Dancing with the stars this year. I will be watching TCM on Mondays in October, as they will be featuring Leslie Caron each Monday evening, and I always liked her movies.

I hope your adventure on Epsy turns out to be a success for you, and you become rich and famous. Haha...

Ann

The Bug said...

And here I am revving up to posting almost three times a week! I'm sure it's a fluke... It helps to have Linda's Meme to do on Wednesdays - I recommend it!

I don't watch much TV (except baseball & these days the Ken Burns National Park documentary), but I faithfully read the DWTS recap every week. I think it's fascinating, but I'd get too nervous for all the dancers to watch it. Did you ever find the results? If not, I can give you the link to what I read.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever