Monday, September 21, 2009

Butterflies....



I found a few more photos of the butterflies for Ann.  Some are interesting but not all that good.  It really is a challenge to capture them.  I feel any photos I was able to get were pretty lucky ones.




This one stayed still for a long time.  Ha!  Ann, maybe you could photo shop yourself on this chair for your blog.  I wouldn't know how to do that, but maybe some computer geniuses in your family would.  Or maybe you know how to also.




This one is not all that good of the butterfly but I like the plant.




This one looks like an airplane to me.




This butterfly seemed to be the one that was the easiest to capture.



This one is a Sapho Longwing and its native location is in Costa Rica. 





I am not sure if this was two butterflies mating or if I just captured two flying by at the same time???  Not sure because I really don't know much about butterfly mating or their habits.  I hesitated to put it on here, but just thought it was very unusual to capture a photo of it, if that is indeed the butterflies mating.


4 comments:

PhilipH said...

You've done remarkably well with your camera Brenda. In the first photo it looks like the butterfly is on a lemon balm plant? Difficult to say, but it seems similar to that which I've got in the garden somewhere. I like to nip a leaf off and squeeze it; the scent is truly lemony!

Rudee said...

Be careful with that last photo...

You wouldn't want a naughty blogger profile!

The photos are really all very pretty. I love that bench.

Gramma Ann said...

The pictures are lovely.

The last picture and your comment reminded me of the old song:

"Birds do it, Bees do it, even constipation fleas do it! Let's do it. Let's fall in love." So I suppose Butterflies do it too. haha....

Have I ever told you before that I love your header, it is beautiful.

Brenda said...

Hahaha...I am really getting so riskay...(sp)?....my previous post was titled The Steam Room....

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever