Thursday, September 17, 2009

Clouds

I may have already said this before.... but the clouds this summer have been very very beautiful here in Missouri.  Just curious what this looks like to you.  I see a person blowing smoke.  Lying on the grass looking at cloud shapes was one of my favorite things to do when I was a youngster.  My days have been busy with church and family and housework.  I managed to not get the cold the others got, but today for some reason I woke up late and felt like a truck had hit me.  I don't have cold symptoms, just extremely tired and achy muscles.  Today I have my little Maddie here with me, and she is taking a nap right now so thought I would do a short post.
One kind of strange thing happened the other day when I went to Target to get a few items.  I bought Nyquil and they asked for my drivers license.  They not only asked for it and looked at it, then scanned it into their system.  I asked her why they were doing that and she said they have been doing it for awhile.  She didn't answer my question really.  I had just bought some the previous week at the grocery store and they never asked for any identification.  I would imagine that it is because of the meth people who cook drugs.  That was the only thing I could figure out. 
This weekend we are having some fun festivals here with an Irish festival on Main Street and a Mosiac Art Show, and another Quilt Show and other fun things at a park in Chesterfield.  I hope I get to go to all of them.  I am ready for some fun and relaxation!

5 comments:

The Crusty Crone said...

Clouds... I see Tinkerbell bending at the hips, looking down on a small dog (just the head) with floppy ears.

I hope you get to feeling better.

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Brenda,

Yes, we have had some gorgeous clouds this summer. Funny, I kind of see a dog in your cloud picture, too.

Sounds like a fun weekend with all those fun festivals. I hope you do get to all of them.

I do hope you feel better quickly. With body aches and stuff, it sounds kind of like the flu. I hope it isn't.

Have a great weekend!

Hugs,

Renie

Gramma Ann said...

I saw "Puff the Magic Dragon!" in the clouds. haha!
Maybe I had to much Nyquil...before I looked at the clouds.. I think the clouds are beautiful this year also.

I hope you are feeling better, and get all your visits to all the fun things going on in your area. Have a fun time with Maddy.

Enjoy your week-end.

Rudee said...

I see a big fluffy mattress and pillow. Maybe that's because I had 4 hours of sleep last night and I've been up for the last 19 hours...

If the nyquil has the placebo strength of meds, you don't need a license, but if it's the real deal, they scan your driver's license.

I heard a lecture today about nerve pain. Dextromethorphan, the active drug in nyquil, is now being looked at as an effective therapy for nerve pain. Now you learned what I learned today (and that's why I got out of bed at the butt crack of dawn). No charge. You're welcome.

Sandy said...

Oh I hope you feel better and sounds like some fun things to see, mosaic art...I love that.

I still like to lay on the ground and look at clouds. I see the same thing you do.

Haven't had that thing yet with the driver's license.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever