Monday, September 21, 2009

My TV is back on.............




With the new shows coming back on, I have now started to turn the TV back on.  That means I will get some more knitting or sewing done.... hopefully.  Tonight I watched "Dancing With The Stars" and taped "House."  The beginning of Dancing was really good with all of the professionals dancing.  Then came the stars.  I only really knew who one of them was.  Donny Osmond.  He did good.  I thought the little snowboard youngster was better than they gave him credit for.  It always amazes me how little I know about famous people.  When ever this shows starts up, I might know one or two stars, if I am lucky.  Of course by the end of the season, I  know a little more about them.  But the sad thing is that I could not tell you who won last year, or who even danced.  If I thought about it long enough I might be able to remember a few.  I do love to watch dancing though.  I really admire what good shape they are in and how hard they work at trying to get it to look good.
House was interesting because it was about dealing with Greg's inner most Greg and what makes him tick.  I have always been fascinated with psychology ever since my first class in High School.  Human behavior is very mysterious.  I did not like House's face hair though.  It just doesn't work on him.  And he looks skinnier to me.
Thursday night I may try and watch a new show called Flashforward..or was it Flashback....one of those.....

9 comments:

Gramma Ann said...

My T.V. is back on also.

I watched "Dancing..." last night also, but, I thought there were entirely way to many commercials, I think one hour is advertisements, and one hour show.

If they keep that up, I will probably stop watching. Maybe, I will tape it, but, then I will probably never watch the tapes, so goes my life...

I guess you can guess, I hate commercials with a passion... I can handle one or two advertisements, but 5 or 6 minutes of commercials in a row,,
,aaaaaaggggghhhhh!!!!! drives me crazy....

Reader Wil said...

I also watch "House" sometimes and I saw hugh Laurie recently in an interview on TV. The first time I saw him was in one of the Jeeves stories and lateron in "Blackadder".Quite different roles.

Sandy said...

Ah darn, I missed it. I do know that Chuck Lidell is on it, an Ultimate Fighting Champ. My son is really into the sport.

PhilipH said...

The one, the only Strictly Come Dancing, the mother of all such dance shows, is back on BBC tv!

A big hooray, apart from one little grouse: Arlene Phillips, the female judge of last season, has been replaced by Alesha Dixon, the winner of SCD in 2007.

This has caused much outrage in some media and the web forums are going to keep on arguing about this change throughout the show.

Still, it has to be my favourite tv programme; never watch much else other than the odd documentary and comedies.

Patty said...

Well tonight it's the ladies that will be dancing. I'm like you, Donnie was the only one I really recognized. Not sure who the ladies are going to be. Also not sure who won what last season on the show. LOL They did have some good ones.

The man that plays House, have you heard him talk in real life? He's got a British accent.

PhilipH said...

Patty, Hugh Laurie (House) is British. Through and through.

He played Bertie Wooster in the 'Jeeves and Wooster', with Stephen Fry taking the part of Jeeves, the butler.

Thanks for letting me know that he's in the dance show too! Wow.

PhilipH said...

Or have I misunderstood about Hugh Laurie? I cannot see his name in the list of celebs in Dancing with the Stars.

Patty said...

So what do you think so far? Personally I thought that Tom Delay should have been removed. I suppose he'll hang on like Cloris Leachman did. Which means someone who is really good will get kicked off because of the votes. I know it's hard to choose who has to go, but I certainly thought Tom should have gone.

Yes, there have been way too many commercials the air.

bettyjf1 said...

Brenda! This is fascinating! I've never heard of Ball Lightning before! My first job was for the FBI and we were not allowed to tell people we worked there.. Switchboard operator! with the Plugs and everything! 39 years ago in June.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever