Monday, September 21, 2009

The Steam Room........


Saturday when I went to the Festival in Chesterfield, the Butterfly House is located right there where the festival was held, so I decided to go through there and see what was going on.  I had only been there one other time last year with the family. 



If you have time or the interest in looking at the web site I have linked to under Butterfly House, it will provide some information about  what the Butterfly House has to offer.  I wish now that I had looked at the web site to see what types of butterflies may be out for that particular month.  When you first go in here, it has a very peaceful calming feeling.  Seeing all of the hundreds and hundreds of butterflies flying around.  You have to just stand still and try and find one that has landed somewhere so that you can try and capture a photo of it.  This particular butterfly is called "Common Blue Morpho " and it's native location is in Central and South America.



The size of the room does not feel all that large as you are walking through it.  You have to walk slowly or maybe go through 2 times to take in the beauty of scenes such as this one.  It has a jungle feel to it.



I am surprised that I captured this photo because when I looked at the web site I could not find this one, so that I could identify it.  Now I will have to try and do some research a little later to see why this one was not on their website.  It really is very beautiful isn't it?  I think I enjoy looking at the red ones and orange or yellows one the most, but was unable to capture any photos of those.


I was not sure how long I had been in there but realized I was becoming so hot and uncomfortable that I needed to get out of there.  Right before leaving I looked up and saw the steam coming out and got a photo of it.  I would imagine that humid climates would be very good for our skin.  Maybe I will end this little journal post I have here and go do some digging into that for a few minutes.  Then it is off to mow the lawn and do some housework.

8 comments:

Rudee said...

I love our butterfly house here, too. I agree, they're very warm. You were able to capture some beautiful pictures. Good for you!

PhilipH said...

Beautiful butterfly photos, and the steam jets showed up well too.

It's probably me, but I couldn't find the Butterfly House link you mentioned. Still, that's me all over: it's probably staring me in the face and I just can't see it!

Brenda said...

Philip,
It is underlined on my blog in the first sentence. Not sure if that shows up on other computers though.

Myra said...

Cool stuff... well, not with the steam!!! But cool butterflies!!! We don't have such a display out our way!

Gramma Ann said...

I love, love, love, butterflies. I wish I could have been there with you. The pictures of the two butterflies are beautiful, but, than aren't all butterflies beautiful. I may steal those pictures for on my Butterflies and Candles blog, if you give me permission, please....

Brenda said...

Ann,
You have my permission to use the photos, and maybe I have more. I will check and see and post some more. Thanks for visiting everyone!

PhilipH said...

Oops, sorry Brenda! Found it OK and the link worked a treat. Lovely place and perfect photos of these colourful creatures. Thanks again.

Sandy said...

You got some great shots of the butterflies. So pretty.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever