Friday, September 4, 2009

Twirling Thursday


The day flew by and now it is 12:20 am on Friday. So this is an update of Thursdays activities. I took a friend to a therapy session and then went to get my hair cut. I looked around for some pj's for the baby so that I have some here at all times for the days when I get to have her overnight. I really do not like shopping and don't have a lot of patience for it. I shop like a man...I want to get in there ...find what I need ...and get out..asap. I don't like wandering around looking and looking and looking. Maybe once in a blue moon I am "In the Mood" for it, but not often. I got back and made supper and then had a meeting for an event at church. That meeting was not over until after 10...so I am on the computer unwinding. I tried to visit some blogs and kept signing off of blogger instead of just clicking the back button to the previous page. I have new computer that has Vista and I am really having trouble getting used to it. It warns you every single time you visit a page and I don't seem to be able to make the time to study the features and see if I can adjust them to suit me. I have tried about ten times to fix my blog list so that it shows the updates and I know when someone has posted a new post. But...I keep hitting the back button because that is what I was used to doing on the old computer and then my list does not save and then I have to start over. So.....maybe in about 3 to 6 months I will have gotten the hang of this. Changing my template may not have been the best idea either, or at least until I got used to the new computer. I could easily change it back and may, but I did want a new template, so I will give it few more days.
Off to get some sleep now....bet you can't wait to see what shocking and exciting tales I have for tomorrow! Hahhahahah.........b o r i n g......posts.... I know.

7 comments:

Rudee said...

If I were bored, I wouldn't have read the post ;-)

I have heard tell that you can still get an old windows operating system if you hate vista.

Lastly, I went to the yarn store yesterday to buy some suitably soft yarn to knit some chemo hats. While there, the owner Marilyn's granddaughter kept asking her to twirl because she liked how Marilyn's skirt looked like a tornado when she did this. I just thought you'd like to know you weren't the only one to have a "twirling Thursday."

PhilipH said...

Wish you all the best with your new pc and operating system Vista. I used to run Windows XP and found it quite good. Then bought a newer laptop which came with Vista Home Premium.

Not a great deal of difference other than Vista is a lot bulkier and mega hungry compared to dear old XP.

Now we await the new Windows 7, which will no doubt cost an arm and a leg for anything above the basic version.

I'll stick with Vista for at least another year. By then all the service packs and patches will have been dealt with on Win7. It's a never-ending saga with Windows.

Patty said...

Glad to hear another woman doesn't care for shopping either. I like to get in there, like you, get what I need and get out. If I can do it over the computer, I will shop that way.

It took me a while to get use to Vista, but I don't even realize I have it any longer. I also view my internet through Mozilla Firefox, rather then Internet Explorer. I also have saved the blogs I want to check on my Google Reader and that tells me if a person has updated. It also took me a while to get use to that, but now I love it. Before that I would try to check each blog and that took me forever and a day.

Happy week-end.

Gramma Ann said...

Sorry to hear you are having computer troubles. I use both XP Windows I think that is what it is, and I got myself a Mac or Apple or whatever they are called a few month ago, and I am loving it. But, right at the moment I am using my Windows on my old computer. LOL...

I also hate shopping, unless I want something, then it's in the store look for it and out... Today, Tony had to go to Cedar Rapids for some things and he was saying, I will drop you off at Wal-Mart and you can get this and this and so forth. I said, I'm sorry, but if you want something at Wal-Mart you will have to get it yourself, I'll wait in the car. And so that is how we did it. Then he went to the Old Man's Store and did his shopping and I stayed in the car and read. And home we came.

Have a nice week-end.

Renie Burghardt said...

Well, I am in the market for a new pc and was thinking of Vista, but may rethink it now. I do like my XP but I really want a new laptop. Maybe I'll wait for Windows 7 or whatever the next one will be.

Now I am going to hate to admit this, but I love to shop! I like to browse around and look at clothes, shoes, cosmetics, books, magazines, things in flea markets. And more! Haha.

Today we went shopping, and lunch and then I went to see my eye doctor as he checked up on my severely injured right eye. Well, it's coming along well, but looks horrible, so I will be wearing sun glasses all over town, in stores, even in church, for a couple of weeks, it seems. He says I'm darn lucky that the cornea didn't get injured, and my vision is in tact. Yep, thank you God, for that.

Have a great Labor Day weekend, Brenda. Sorry for the rambling.

Hugs,

Renie

Brenda said...

Rudee,
I have a free update for Windows 7 when it comes out. I will struggle along until then. Did you get a chance to see the cute little knitted skirt Maddie had on? It does a twirly thing also.

Philip,
I hope the Windows 7 will be good. I almost wish they would stop changing everything so often...what a pain!


Patty,
This new computer I have is not letting me do anything on Firefox. It is really requiring me to study and think about how to use it. I hate thinking too hard! Ha

Ann,
Ha...I hear ya on the shopping. I actually think I would like it if I had tons of money, but since I don't it is just a chore I don't like.

Renie,
I tried to email you to find out about your eye and was unable to use your address. So what happened??? And I sure hope you are doing ok!
Hugs back at ya!

Sandy said...

Oh no your posts aren't boring at all. I enjoy reading about what you are doing or thinking!

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever