Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Yesterday and Today.............


Yesterday Bob had to work for most of the day.  I did a few things around the house and fiddled with my blog layout and finally got it "almost" just right...for my taste anyway.  I am pretty happy with it.  But knowing me....I will change it again in a few months.  I am like that.  Love changing things around and trying new things.  Bob got home from work in the early afternoon, and was ready for a break, so we headed out to Barnes and Noble and got some coffee and I looked through about 10 magazines and chose these 2 to purchase.  I am a little disappointed in the Debbie Bliss magazine, but still wanted it, just because I bought the first one and well.....it may become a new collection.  I have about 20 years of "Quilters Newsletters" magazines around here.  That may have been my last big collection of magazines.  When I am ready to part with those I want to find just the right home for them.  A home where someone will cherish them as much as I did.  So what if I never made a quilt from them.  I still loved to look at all of them and read the stories.
I also had to get this latest Windows Fall issue.  This has several things I think will be useful for me with my new computer, which I love by the way.  There is an article about how to deal with some of Vista's annoying issues.  They listed 10, but I will only use 2.  The other 8 don't bother me.  Plus my new computer came with a free upgrade to Windows 7 coming out in October.  And there are some helpful things in this article. 
After we shopped for a bit, we all had a meal together and Maddie was really cute.  She is talking so well now.  Bobby was flying her around the house and she loves that game, and she said "One more time, please".  I think that was the biggest ...full sentence ....I have heard her say so far.    Tonight she is coming over to spend the rest of the week with us while Katy does some training in Texas.  I spent today doing things around here like mowing the lawn, etc. so that she can have my full attention.  I probably won't get my showers until after she goes to bed.  Remember those days???  Trying to squeeze in time for your own needs like bathing, when there is a toddler to watch over.  Last night I only got 3 hours of sleep, so I may try and lay down for a bit.  Our weather has been wonderful!

5 comments:

Rudee said...

I looked at that Debbie Bliss book, but I bought Spin Off instead.

Your days sound busy. My weekend was really lazy. I had today off, too. Back to work tomorrow, but somehow, a 3 day week doesn't sound so bad.

Have fun with Maddie!

Gramma Ann said...

I use to collect "Workbasket" the little crafty magazine. I don't know if you were familiar with it or not. I just recently gave them to a friend. I was going to throw them away and she spoke up and said she would like to have them, I was so glad someone wanted them.

It sounds like you had a busy few days. I am glad you like your new computer, that was good to hear.

I just became a new great-grandma today. A little girl, they named her Kaia Laine. It is pronounced Kia with a long i sound. They said it is an Hawaiian name.

Have a great time with your Granddaughter Maddie. They are so much fun. But, if you are like me, after they go home it takes me a day or two to get rested. LOL...

Sandy said...

Loved reading your post today and love love your banner and the colors of the blog.

Magazines, I have lots I collect and will some day get rid of, mostly art magazines. I never tire of rotating them and going through them again and with my memory it's like they are brand new.

Oh yeah, the shower at night thing when you have kids around, ...

have fun with her and get lots of good pics for us.

Mary said...

Your header is gorgeous! Wow!

The Crusty Crone said...

Love the new blog look! Beautiful color.

(squeezing in showers...the memories. oh the memories. Like yesterday.)

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever