Monday, October 12, 2009

Autumn and the "Change"






We have been taking it easy the past few days. Yesterday we drove through a local State Park and there really wasn't very much color to see yet. It may be one more week
in our area before we see the best colors. I love to drive around anyway and see what photos I might be able to capture. We are just hanging out together and pretending like we are retired.
Some great news to share is that we are going to become grandparents again in May. Maddie will be the "big sister". We are all very excited!
I received an email today about women and the "Change", and thought it was kind of cute. My "change" happened 19 years ago, but I still think I suffer from a few of these, and I definitely know a few women I hang out with that have some of these symptoms....ha!

WAYS TO KNOW IF YOU HAVE “ESTROGEN ISSUES”

1. Everyone around you has an attitude problem.
2. The dryer has shrunk every last pair of your jeans.
3. Your husband is suddenly agreeing to everything you say.
4. You're using your cellular phone to dial up every bumper sticker that says: 'How's my driving-call 1- 800-'.
5. Everyone seems to have just landed here from 'outer space.'
6. You're sure that everyone is scheming to drive you crazy.
7. The ibuprofen bottle is empty and you bought it yesterday.

THINGS ONLY WOMEN UNDERSTAND
1. The need for the same style of shoes in different colors.
2. Lots of clothes in different sizes.
3. The difference between beige, ecru, cream, off-white, and eggshell.
4. Waxing or plucking unwanted hair.
5. Eyelash curlers.
6. The inaccuracy of every bathroom scale ever made.
7. The attraction to “On Sale” signs.

5 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Brenda,

My ISP has been working on the Windstream phone lines all day, so I haven't been able to get online until now. Of course, I was gone half a day, but it's been frustrating not to be able to get on the Internet.

See, I told you I'd wait at least another week for good color!

Congratulations on becoming a grandma again, in the near future! How wonderful! I am waiting to become a great grandma, but my oldest granddaughter, 19, is in college and working on a masters, so it won't be for some time!

Funny about the change and things only women understand. Estrogen issues are no longer an issue for me. But the attraction of On Sale items I understand only too well. Haha.

Fun post. Have a nice evening.

Hugs,

Renie

Rudee said...

Oh congratulations on your spring plans! How exciting. Hmm, what shall I knit for this little one? Something gender neutral for sure! Maybe something from my Itty Bitty Hats book.

Sandy said...

It is fun playing "retired' even when you finally get there, it can be fun at times...but also a little mundane.

Congrats on the new gramma thing. How fun for Maddie.

We aren't having much color change yet out here, but well, that's to be expected where we live. We have a huge rain storm coming in and the temps have really cooled down. Maybe next week too, for us.

I bet you're excited about being gramma to another one!

The Crusty Crone said...

BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA

Everyone has an attitude!

BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA

bettyjf1 said...

Oh Brenda! Your new header is beautiful. Looks like you'll be having fall colors soon; Paul and I are going up to NorthEast AZ for an engagement shoot next week. Looking forward to Fall colors now..
CONGRATULATIONS on a new baby in the family! Isn't it nice that our kids do all that work for us and we don't have to!!?? That's wonderful just wonderful. Congratulations

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever