Saturday, October 31, 2009

Review of My Week



Don't let this flower fool you into thinking we have had a good weather week because we have had so much rain, that we have had some areas flood. It has been non-stop, and I don't mean anything light. Hard down pours. It felt as if it would never let up. The photo above... I think I captured it right before it started. It is of our one lone flower that sprouted out of no where really, because I didn't plant anything this year. I did start some flower seeds early in the spring and only a couple of them survived. This could have been one of them.

Monday night I had our monthly meeting with the Ladies Auxiliary. Another lady from the organization and I are co-Presidents. She ran the meetings last year and I am running them this year. There is usually a fair amount of preparation that goes into just having a meeting, so Sunday and Monday I was busy with that.

Tuesday Maddie came down with a cold and couldn't attend day care so her and I hung out together. We mainly watched Wonder Pets...her favorite cartoon show. The rain prevented us from even getting to go for a walk around the neighborhood.

Wednesday, Bob took off a couple of hours to watch Maddie while I had lunch with some high school friends. I have known these ladies ever since we were in the 8th grade and were best friends back in the day. Family life and children kept us from getting together very often over the past 35 years, but when ever we do make the time to get together, we enjoy catching up and remembering a few funny episodes that happened in our youth, like laughing so hard we wet ourselves. We chuckled that it doesn't take much to wet ourselves at the age we are now. Just kidding....I don't have to wear Depends YET. Hopefully that will be a few years down the road.

Thursday, I walked around somewhat sleep deprived because I had some kind of weird itchy skin thing happening all night Wednesday night. I felt like I wanted to scratch all my skin off, but resisted because I knew it would make it worse. It felt more like an internal thing and not an external rash, so I wondered if it was pre-diabetes or something. My Mom had late in life diabetes and that was one of her symptoms...so I called my Dr. to get an appointment and they were all booked up until the middle of November. They said if it got worse to just go to the Urgent Care and they could run blood tests. Well...knock on wood..Friday it was better. Thursday night I took an antihistamine and went to sleep and so far it hasn't come back.

So today is Saturday and Halloween and I suppose I will go buy a bag of candy for the Trick or Treaters. Have a Happy Halloween!

9 comments:

bettyjf1 said...

Oh Brenda! I hope you don't have Diabetes . I love your header

Reader Wil said...

I agree with bettyjf1: your header is stunning and so is your white flower, even if you didn't plant it. I hope you are all okay now?
Have a great weekend and thanks for your visit!

The Bug said...

Sounds like you had a pretty busy & sociable week! Your itching problem is kind of scary - hope it doesn't turn into anything!

Gramma Ann said...

I hope you are feeling better and the itch is gone for good.

I have a Dr. appt. on Nov 3 and was thinking about getting the blood test for Diabetes, among other ones. My mother also developed the late in life diabetes, I don't want it, but if I am at risk for it, I think it's time to get it checked out.

It sounds like you had a very busy week. So sorry Maddie came down with the pesky cold. I have been fighting a cold all month. I'm sure by Tuesday, when I have the Dr. appt. it will be all well. Isn't that the way things always go?

Brenda, have a great week-end and if it makes you feel any better, we have been having the same kind of weather as you, up here in Iowa. But, the sun just came out, so maybe the rain is over. I hope anyway.

Ann

Renie Burghardt said...

Well, Brenda, we had the same weather as you, and today, I hear the Current River, which flows through town, is spilling over the banks. Hope it won't be too bad. Today, the sun is shining brightly, thank goodness.

Sounds like you had a fairly nice week, and the reunion with your old friends must have been fun.

My diabetes was diagnosed in 2005, so it was late life onset, too, but I lost weight and control it well with low carb eating. Hope you won't have that problem.

Have a great weekend!

Hugs,

Renie

Rudee said...

I, too, am tired of the rain. Today is partly sunny but cold and windy.

Maybe you had an allergic reaction to something you ate. I hope you're better, soon.

Mary Anne Gruen said...

I hope Maddie is better...You too! It could be an allergy of some sort.

A lot of our annuals died this year. Mostly they drowned. This year it seems that there's either have too much rain or they have a drought.

I've given you an award at my blog http://www.StarlightBlog.com Don't worry if you don't have time to do the whole award thing. Just know that your blog is appreciated.

Patty said...

Perhaps it was something you eat while out with your friends. Glad the itching is over. Hope you're having a great week-end.

Sandy said...

Enjoyed reading you and it's always hard when the little ones get colds and the weather isn't great for getting outside. I always find the day is VERY long when watching the little ones under those conditions.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever