Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wednesday Random Dozen

I found this meme over at Dana's, who got it from Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee, and I thought I would try it today.
Feel free to join in if you like.


1. Candy corn: Your thoughts?

Like it a little too much.....glad it only comes to the stores once a year. Even then, I don't always get to have it. I always seem to be on a diet....sigh...

2. Briefly, what was the first conversation you ever had with your spouse? (or best friend, if you're not married.) (Or someone significant, like your librarian.)

We worked at the same company. I worked in the back room building computers and he worked in the front as a software engineer. I think I asked him if he wanted to come to a "toe wrestling " event at lunch time. That is what is wrong with the world today...people forget to have fun at work sometimes. I bet if he were asked this question though, he would remember something different. It was a very small company, and we did lots of fun things but managed to get the work done just fine.

3. Could you ever become a vegetarian?

Not completely. I really don't like meat very much at all. But every once in awhile I crave it.....so probably not. The same way I can't give up sugar. It is in most things, so not having a certain food or ingredient is just too much trouble.

4. Have you ever dressed up your pet in a costume?

Many times......see photos. I miss him so much.... Sorry...I can't find the photos..he had on glasses and a hat.


5. Name something about childhood that you miss (like Clark Bars, Teaberry Gum, Malibu Barbie, cracking fake eggs on people's heads with your fist and "It's the Great Pumpkin" airing only once a year).

I didn't have any of those things. But what I miss is the wide open fields, with so many trees, flowers, and vegetables. Being able to play outdoors all day with very few fears or worries.


6. Have you ever won a trophy? If not, what do you deserve a trophy for?

No trophies that I can remember. I think I would deserve a trophy for being a good listener.

7. When do you think is the appropriate time to begin playing Christmas music each year?

November 29th sounds good this year.

8. What's your favorite board game?

We used to play a lot of games with the kids, so it will be hard to pick one. Cranium comes to mind. Sometimes it depends on what kind of mood I am in. Thanksgiving is coming up soon and we will play some games with the family, so this was a reminder to find the games and get then out and ready.

9. How do you feel about surprises (receiving, not giving)?

Don't like them.....I get scared easily.

10. Is it easy for you to say, "I'm sorry?"

Yes, I usually apologize for everything that is wrong in the whole world....I will take the blame. Ha...I think too much of myself if that is true.

11. What is your favorite candle scent?

Vanilla. Even with my smell disorder, I still love that smell.

12. October is traditionally "open house" time in public schools. If you had a literal open house in your home (like a reception) what light snacks would you serve visitors and what would you show them (as in art projects, graded papers) that would uniquely represent you?

Snacks...don't know because it would depend on who would be coming. I would search through my hundreds of cookbooks and come up with something I think they would like. I can't think of anything in particular to show people. Depends on who they are and what they want to talk about.

7 comments:

Rudee said...

I've been resisting the candy corn. For some reason, I need to go get some now.

The Bug said...

Great answers! My husband apologizes for everything too. Sometimes he apologizes even when nothing bad happened. I'll say, "You're sorry the sky is blue?" It's kind of a joke between us now...

PhilipH said...

No. 8 would, for me, be Scrabble. I like that game; chess used to be my favourite when I lived in the town area but I do not have a chess club nearby now.

Sorry is the hardest word, according to the song - but I have long learned that it gets easier to say the older I get. I'm no longer 'Mr. Right all the time' so I can say the word a lot easier, (and more often nowadays) it seems.

Gramma Ann said...

I enjoyed reading your meme...When we get together with our friends a lot of us like Trivial Pursuit. Some of the guys like playing cards. So many games, so little time. ; )

Brenda said...

Rudee,
I have resisted the corn so far. It really is good isn't it.

Dana,
Haha...that is funny that your husband is like that too. I keep telling myself to stop apologizing, but it just seems to come natural to me.

Philip,
I think you and my husband would get along great. You both like classical music and chess. He was in a chess club also.
I like Scrabble, but don't like losing.

Ann,
Long time no hear from! How are ya?
We have that game but no one seems to want to play it any more. We play cards a lot also.

Renie Burghardt said...

Well, this was fun to read. I love candy corn, but definately resist it! Scrabble and Monopoly were favorite family games in the past. These days, grandchildren want to play computer games.

Hugs,

Renie

Sandy said...

Fun reading and finding out a little more about you.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever