Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Bye Bye...Leaves on the trees...see you in the Spring...

I captured this photo about a week ago before the leaves hit the ground. So sad to see them go dormant until spring time.......sigh. I am, however, looking forward to Christmas this year! The baby will be so excited to see the decorations and presents. I love the holidays when there are little ones involved, especially when it is all so brand new to them.
We just recovered from a rather difficult week with the flu and all of its side effects it left in its path. Katy had been taking whatever cold and cough medicine she could take during her pregnancy for about a week right until she had caught the H1N1 and then started taking Tamiflu. All of this medicine caused her to have insomnia and high anxiety. She became dehydrated and had to go to the hospital for an IV drip, and didn't sleep from Wednesday until Sunday night. She finally slept 4 hours on Sunday night, but I don't think she slept well last night. What a difficult task for her to have to worry about work, illness, her pregnancy, her little Maddie and everything. Sometimes life just doesn't play fair. God love her though, I know she will make it through it all because she is a fighter. She also had a Dr. appointment on Monday and he said that the baby looks perfect, so that is always music to our ears.
I have been able to sneak in a little bit of Christmas shopping here and there for the baby. I have been working on making her a knitted hat also. I really wish that I could get myself in gear to start her quilt and the new little one a quilt, but so far...no time or no big push to get myself going on it.
Now....I need to start planning my Thanksgiving meal. I told the kids to come over around noon and Maddie will take a nap and we can start a game and just play games and eat all day and evening. No worries about the calories on that day........

8 comments:

Winifred said...

Oh dear hope everyone is feeling better especially Katy.

I caught a really heavy cold when I visited my stepmother at the new home she's staying in. They were all coughing, sneezing and barking! Luckily it wasn't flu, I had no temperature and aches just a hacking cough, sore throat and streaming cold, that was bad enough. Still got the cough and sinus 2 weeks later.

Nice to hear about the new baby and that it's fine. Hope Maddie is too. I don't know how you manage having 2 big feasts so close together, Christmas is bad enough to cope with! Not sure when your holiday is but have a lovely time.

Patty said...

Hope you all get to feeling great by this week-end. Your Thanksgiving sounds great, food and games.

The Bug said...

I'm so sorry your daughter has been sick - I hope she can get some rest soon!

Renie Burghardt said...

I hated to see the leaves fall, too, Brenda. Everything looks so bare now. My daughter and family and younger son will be here all next week for Thanksgiving and my boiday. I can't wait. But been busy here.

Christmas will be so nice for you this year with Maddie. Wish I had a little one around to dote on. But my youngest granddaughter is 10, the oldest will be 20 this month.

I hope Katy is feeling much better and able to sleep and get some rest. Have a good Wednesday!

Hugs and Prayers for good health,

Renie

Rudee said...

I'm relieved Katy is better. Those decongestants are the worst, aren't they?

Maddie is the perfect age for Christmas. Perfect. What hat are you knitting? They don't take long so you can't use that as an excuse for not quilting.

You know for years, I had the quilt my grandmother made me. It was my very favorite and I plum wore it out, but every single time I snuggle in it, I thought of her. She's sure to treasure the one you make for her. Don't let the grass grow...

Gramma Ann said...

I hated to see the leaves go also. I hope all are feeling much better and Katy starts to get her sleep.

The Crusty Crone said...

Hard to believe its the holiday season already. If ya'll had to be sick, good it happened before Thanksgiving and not during it.

Myra said...

Great photo!
Hope everyone is feeling much better Brenda!

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever