Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Crayon Case


Just wanted to post something crafty. I made this crayon case for Maddie the other day. You can make it in just a couple of hours and I will tell you how.
Cut 2 pieces of fabric 5 x 16 1/2 inches for the outside and inside. Then cut 1 contrasting fabric 6 inches x 16 1/2 inches. Fold this piece in half and iron. Cut a piece of fusible interface 5 x 16 1/2 inches. Iron the interfacing to the wrong side of the 5 x 16 1/2 in. fabric for the inside.
Line up bottom edges of the folded piece with interfacing and pin together. Sew parallel lines with edge starting at 1 1/4 inches. Space 1 inch apart after the first 1 1/4 inch. Pin rick rack along edge. Use 30 inch ribbon for tie. Fold ribbon in half and sew in middle on edge. Pin remaining piece right side together. Sew around edge with 1/4 inch seam. Leave about 3 inches across bottom for turning. Stitch opening after turning and pressing.
I hope she likes it. She enjoys taking things out and putting them back in purses or bags, so I think she will like this.

4 comments:

Gramma Ann said...

What a great idea. I bet she will love it. Now if only I could sew! You are a talent lady, Brenda.

Myra said...

Yaaaaaaaaay!!!! Brenda's got her craft hat on!!! Good for you! 8-)
Maddie will make good use of this I am sure! 8-)
Thanks for the instructions!

Rudee said...

It's adorable! I'm sure she'll love it.

Sandy said...

That's a great idea (if I sewed)...I bet she will like it.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever