Thursday, November 12, 2009

Flu Hits

Just wanted to put this in my journal as record keeping. Katy had to leave work early on Friday because of cough and not being able to talk very well without coughing. She thought she had a cold and went to Walgreens clinic and they gave her an antibiotic and her told her to get some rest. Monday she tried to go in to work and couldn't talk without coughing, so she went to her ObGYN and he told her to stay home and in bed for a week and to continue to take the antibiotic. Tuesday she called me and said she had a fever and wasn't feeling well, and no sleep the night before from coughing. I went over to make her lunch and convinced her to go to the ER. She was tested and has the H1N1 virus. We have had a shortage of Tamiflu here but because she is pregnant she was able to get a prescription for it. I have been caring for Maddie here to keep her away from Katy, but she ended up getting it also. Brian took Maddie to the Dr. yesterday afternoon and she is now taking Tamiflu also. I have started feeling... not so hot, so we will see what tomorrow brings. Say a prayer for us please.

10 comments:

The Bug said...

Yikes! Now it's time to take care of you!

Patty said...

Hope it leaves your home quickly with out any ill affects.

Rudee said...

Oh no! Listen though, it's a good possibility that you have immunity due to your age. Although I don't know your exact age, it you were born before 1950, you may be immune. If not...well then, don't wait to get tamiflu. Can Maddie get it, too?

I hope Katy feels better, soon.

Poetikat said...

Take very good care, Brenda. Gargle with salt water in the morning and at night to keep the bacteria at bay and also you can swab your nostrils with a Q-tip soaked in salt water. At least you may be able to diminish the effects if it has grabbed you. Drink lots of hot drinks too and don't forget to keep using the alcohol based sanitizers.

Prayers going out for you tonight.

Kat

Brenda said...

Thanks everyone! Rudee, Maddie has the Tamiflu also. We sure do have a shortage of it here though. So far I think we will all be fine. Maddie was better today and so was Katy.

Renie Burghardt said...

Oh, Brenda, I'm glad Katy and Maddie are both feeling better. I hope you don't come down with it. Maybe Kat's suggestion is something to try. Keep us updated.

Take good care!

Renie

Rositta said...

Anybody who is around someone with H1N1 should be taking Tamiflu as a preventative, at least that's what I was told. I managed to score a vaccination today because of preexisting health conditions. It does take ten days to work though so I'm hoping it all works out. Thinking of you and hoping you all come through this okay...ciao

The Crusty Crone said...

oh dear. maybe... maybe you're just being empathic and you really didn't catch anything.

My friend, who is diabetic, went in for a flu shot and they wouldn't give her one. They said she was too old. She's 66.

Gramma Ann said...

I hope by the time you read this all of you have started to feel loads better. One never can be to careful now with the flu flying around the world. I hope we don't get it in our home. But, if the news media is reporting correctly, we are in the age group, that may be safe from H1N1. But, the regular flu is flying around also. When I was in a week and a half ago for my yearly check-up I asked for the regular flu shot, and they didn't have any. This week when my husband went in for his yearly check-up, they had it, so he got his regular flu shot. Maybe I will have to give them a call next week and see if I can get it now.

Sandy said...

First time on the net for days. I'm so sorry to hear of the illness going around there with you all, hope you all recover quickly!!

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever