Monday, November 30, 2009

Maddie's Hat


Well, I finished Maddie's knitted hat. I had to make it up as I went along. I was using a free pattern, that made no sense to me, so I winged it all by myself. Now I am making her a poncho to go with it. Big coats are difficult to deal with with you are buckling them in the car seat. Hopefully it will be warm enough in the car. We have some snow in our forecast for Thursday. I am ready for it, I think. I have all the snow wear for her to enjoy building a snowman. I doubt we will get much accumulation though. I started putting up the tree and decor today. Hopefully I will finish it tomorrow.

5 comments:

Rudee said...

A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E.!!!!!! I hope you wrote that pattern down! You can publish it on Ravelry. I love it, Brenda!

Brenda said...

Thanks Rudee! You made my day. I never think I do very well on these things. I started out knitting it with circular needles, and must have been using the wrong type because it was too hard to get all the stitches on comfortably, if that makes any sense. I finally got frustrated and switched to a crochet hook, and added crochet in until the end. I haven't a clue how I did it...just made it up, and don't know if I could figure out the pattern. Thanks for the compliment though!

The Bug said...

That's a great hat! I would like one please LOL. My head is kind of small, so you could just send me Maddie's. Just kidding!

Renie Burghardt said...

The hat looks great on your little cutie!~ She looks adorable in it. Since I don't kniw, I will just say it looks good to me! Can't wait to see her in the hat and shawl!

We have rain maybe mixed with a little snow in the forecast for Wednesday night. I am not a big fan of snow even though it makes these hills around here awfully pretty. I pretty well hate winter!

Hugs,

Renie

Sandy said...

Great job on the hat, how cute, both the hat and Maddie is. Snow?!? And you're happy about it, ha... God forbid any of that cold white stuff touches down here. I would not be too happy if it lasted more than a day.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever